The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Scroll to see replies

Oh! While I'm here, do the cleaning staff wash the bedsheets or no? I have this niggling feeling someone said they don't, but just wanted to check :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 5901
Original post by AngelCrow
Oh! While I'm here, do the cleaning staff wash the bedsheets or no? I have this niggling feeling someone said they don't, but just wanted to check :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They certainly don't in Westwood (but there are washing machines and tumble dryers easily available). In fact, the cleaners don't even go in the individual bedrooms. I couldn't say for certain with regards to those halls where the bedrooms are cleaned.
Original post by AngelCrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, they don't. Really, though, if you take your own set of sheets, and use theirs, you can quite reasonably get through a term without washing them.
Reply 5903
Is it too late to apply, today's the 31st but I can't find seem to find the form to apply.
Original post by bbcs2k9
Is it too late to apply, today's the 31st but I can't find seem to find the form to apply.

https://www.accommodation.warwick.ac.uk/apply
Don't think it's too late, hurry up though.
Is it actually true that you are allocated a hall BEFORE they read the personal description? I know it says this in the OP but where does it say it on the website?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5906
Original post by dragonrabbit
https://www.accommodation.warwick.ac.uk/apply
Don't think it's too late, hurry up though.

Thanks, I was searching for ages and couldn't find it. I just randomly thought when I woke up today to apply for accommodation today, luckily today was the last day, I could have missed it.
Original post by Mycroft Holmes
Is it actually true that you are allocated a hall BEFORE they read the personal description? I know it says this in the OP but where does it say it on the website?

This is what seems to be the case:

You are allocated a hall purely on your preferance rankings for your five choices, and your priority ranking (#1 for disabled, #2 for firm choice, #3 for insurance, #4 for applied after deadline)

Your answers to the single sex and quiet area questions then provide the next division.

Finally, your personal description is read, and to the best of the accom. people's ability, you are matched with similar people who are in the same group you have been divided into.
Original post by DurhamChemist
This is what seems to be the case:

You are allocated a hall purely on your preferance rankings for your five choices, and your priority ranking (#1 for disabled, #2 for firm choice, #3 for insurance, #4 for applied after deadline)

Your answers to the single sex and quiet area questions then provide the next division.

Finally, your personal description is read, and to the best of the accom. people's ability, you are matched with similar people who are in the same group you have been divided into.

Alright thanks :smile:
Do people normally take their own irons and ironing boards?
Original post by Mastermind2

The ironing boards are provided I think.
Reply 5911

No, it's provided.
Original post by MathsNerd1
The ironing boards are provided I think.

Original post by Sigma44
No, it's provided.

Cheers :smile:
Are irons provided though?
Reply 5913
Cheers :smile:
Are irons provided though?

From what I remember, no. But you might be able to borrow an iron off someone else.
Original post by ttoby
From what I remember, no. But you might be able to borrow an iron off someone else.

Ah right, thanks :smile:
Reply 5915
Is there any other private accommodation provider apart from UNITE? I am an international postgrad student and just been told by accommodation team that it is unlikely I would get any room. I don't mind living with 1-2 people but definitely not big houses. please HELP!!
Reply 5916
What is the best Halls for a postgrad who would be a first timer to Warwick? Like, close to campus, quiet, and ensuite?
Reply 5917
Original post by nm595
Is there any other private accommodation provider apart from UNITE? I am an international postgrad student and just been told by accommodation team that it is unlikely I would get any room. I don't mind living with 1-2 people but definitely not big houses. please HELP!!

There are other landlords and estate agents. Try the forums on the Warwick SU site (I'm on my phone so it's difficult to link to them) where they have a section where groups needing an extra person to fill a house can post.

Also, even if Warwick accommodation can't offer you a room on campus, they're usually able to find you a room off campus and even sort out a group for you as well.
How big are the beds on campus?
How big are the beds on campus?

Single beds. Unless you get Bluebell, then it's single and a half :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest