The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
aza484
She locked it in the linen room,a few doors down the corridor. We considered breaking the door down once, when the entire kitchen equipment of 18 people left to us, in total, was 1 spoon and a plate. That was it. What they did shouldnt have even been allowed! We couldnt eat!

hahah it obviously went on ebay! Satan hates you, but she might love ebay :biggrin:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 581
Hehe, and who doesnt love ebay?! Except for touts. Bastards.
aza484
Hehe, and who doesnt love ebay?! Except for touts. Bastards.

ebay truely is the muts nuts. end of. :P lol
What do people do with their clothes, bed linen, tea towels etc once they've been washed? Are there drying racks etc in the laundry rooms or do people bring racks for their rooms?

Sam :smile:
I normally put then in the tumble dryer
Reply 585
Laundry rooms are usually big enough for clothes and possibly towels, but with bedsheets it'd be best if you tumbledried!
Reply 586
Some Rootes-based questions

The left hand one is Old Rootes right?
and what is the circle-like building between the two?

Any big difference quality wise between the two block-groups?
A-H Old, J-P New. The big circular building is International House, which i'm told is pretty good, it classifies as Rootes accomodation. Quality wise, i've only been in there a few times, so i cant answer that one...
Reply 588
I've been offered Whitefields! Was my 3rd choice, but still pretty chuffed :biggrin:
Reply 589
god i really hope mine doesnt change now...
x
Reply 590
Anyone else already regretting one of their accomodation choices...? :frown:
Reply 591
Forté
Anyone else already regretting one of their accomodation choices...? :frown:

I'm guessing you didn't get what you were hoping for?
I got my 3rd choice, Whitefields, which although will be more expensive as it is a 39 week let, does also have its advantages over my first choice - bigger room, for example.
You can always request to change if you are really unhappy.
Reply 592
WelshMe
I'm guessing you didn't get what you were hoping for?
I got my 3rd choice, Whitefields, which although will be more expensive as it is a 39 week let, does also have its advantages over my first choice - bigger room, for example.
You can always request to change if you are really unhappy.

:eek: You've gotten your accomodation form already?! I was only fearful of the prospect of actually getting one of my choices lol.

I take it you'll be staying at the uni over xmas and easter then?
Reply 593
timekeeper
A-H Old, J-P New. The big circular building is International House, which i'm told is pretty good, it classifies as Rootes accomodation. Quality wise, i've only been in there a few times, so i cant answer that one...

Cheers
Is block 'I' the internetional house then?
And I assume that its called that because only internationals are housed there?
Chrrye
Cheers

Yep block I is International house. Though I'm almost certain it isn't just for international students (deceptively).

There is a fair difference in quality between Old and New Rootes, but at the end of the day it's all good enough really.
Metalmayhem
Yep block I is International house. Though I'm almost certain it isn't just for international students (deceptively).

There is a fair difference in quality between Old and New Rootes, but at the end of the day it's all good enough really.

New rootes roomes are quite abit bigger than old, better quality as well. That said theres noubt wrong with old. International house is weird, its the only way i can put it, you start on the 1st floor and everything.
Isn't it very similar to whitefields inside? It looks that way from the outside. Isn't there a nice courtyard in the middle or something?
Reply 597
Chrrye
Cheers

The I does stand for "International", but that doesn't mean it's an international student-only accommodation. It's just as it would be for any other part of Rootes. I never went in there but I believe it's a maze of about 50 rooms, something like that.

In terms of quality between Old and New Rootes, the New Rootes rooms are (or were last year) more modern and the furniture is generally of higher quality. I'm basing that on comparing our corridor in P Block to that in F. The flipside is that New Rootes is arguably a bit more bland and uninteresting really - our corridor was just one long line, whereas that in F twists and turns.
timekeeper
Isn't it very similar to whitefields inside? It looks that way from the outside. Isn't there a nice courtyard in the middle or something?

Yeh there is a courtyard, and its similar to whitefields in that many rooms have more that 7 sides lol. But furnishing wise its quite different to whitefields, in that respect its allot closer to rootes, which possibly explains why its priced with rootes.
Reply 599
Forté
:eek: You've gotten your accomodation form already?! I was only fearful of the prospect of actually getting one of my choices lol.

I take it you'll be staying at the uni over xmas and easter then?

Ive had no email or letter but logged into the accomodation website this morning and it said there. Do you know where you're staying yet?
Nah il probably still go home over the holidays, but its useful because i dont have to take all my belongings home. Plus i suppose i could stay for a few days in the hols and have some mates or family over while its quiet.

Quick Reply

Latest