The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hassassin04
Not a good idea to bring a PC then.. If you don't want the accommodation they offered you ,will there be an alternative by Warwick or in that case you have to rent by yourself?

You can swap accommodation after 2 weeks or so, for a fee, and so long as there's someone willing to move from a 39 week to a 30 week :yep:

There may be an alternative provided by Warwick, but you will be lowest priority, so it may not be on campus at all! :sad:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 5981
I e-mailed ugadmissions this morning in order to ask them why my offer has not been confirmed yet.

"We are unable to make a decision on your application until we receive all the required documents to confirm you have met the conditions of our offer.Please note that the following elements of our offer must be fulfilled by 31st August 2013 before we can confirm our offer.

Verification of reference

Romanian Baccalaureat"

This is the response that I received from them just now. The problem is, unless I completely misunderstood what they were asking, I am absolutely certain that I sent them those exact documents over two weeks ago. Can anyone explain in detail what those two are supposed to be and why they might've refused to acknowledge my documents? At the very least, the second one should be confirmed via my diploma, which contains the grades that I got on my exams...
Original post by Nirgilis
You can swap accommodation after 2 weeks or so, for a fee, and so long as there's someone willing to move from a 39 week to a 30 week :yep:

There may be an alternative provided by Warwick, but you will be lowest priority, so it may not be on campus at all! :sad:

Ahh ok. Thanks for info.
Reply 5983
Original post by dmrich
Hi everyone,

I have applied for accommodation and did so really quickly, did a fair bit of research and just went for it. I ended up choosing Rootes as my first choice, with only my last three choices being en suite options.

I'm suddenly (and inexplicably) having a panic about not having an en-suite, though the idea of this never bothered me before. Would love to hear some experiences of people who chose Rootes or other non en suite options?

Thanks for all your help, this thread has been indispensable!

You can get them to change your choices I emailed them and asked them to change heronbank to bluebell and they did however this was before the deadline not sure if they will now but it's worth a try

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's really not the end of the world :h: . You'll have 3/4 toilets and 2 or so showers to share down your corridor, so there'll never be a queue :yep: . They'll get cleaned 3 days a week, if not daily. It just might be a bit more of a pain to put your dressing gown on before heading out of your room :yep:

You take your stuff with you :yep: . There are small lockable cupboards above the wardrobe to leave some stuff in, but you can't keep everything there. There are small cupboards which aren't locked in the corridor as well, but stuff does go missing frequently. If you come from the UK, it's not a hassle too much to take your stuff home, but if you're international, you may want to look into student storage companies for the holidays :yep:

You can get a lot of stuff up there though. I fairly easily got pretty much everything I didn't need at home in there.
Reply 5985
Original post by hassassin04
Ahh ok. Thanks for info.

Hi All. I will be commencing my Phd at Warwick this September. As i will be coming to Warwick with my wife and little son, i applied for family housing and got a two bedroom at the Lakeside apartments. Is anyone here also taking up residence in one of the Lakeside flats? Please i desperately need information on what the flats look like, how comfortable they are and how enjoyable it is to live in them. I look forward to helpful replies. Thanks.
Reply 5986
Looks like the board of admissions has pretty much stopped bothering to reply to my e-mails. My counselor has also been trying to contact them on the phone all day without any luck whatsoever - they haven't responded at all yet and it's looking more and more unlikely that they'll actually respond today.

I still haven't gotten a clarification as to why they refused to accept my documents.

Original post by Pamphlet
I e-mailed ugadmissions this morning in order to ask them why my offer has not been confirmed yet.

"We are unable to make a decision on your application until we receive all the required documents to confirm you have met the conditions of our offer.Please note that the following elements of our offer must be fulfilled by 31st August 2013 before we can confirm our offer.

Verification of reference

Romanian Baccalaureat"

This is the response that I received from them just now. The problem is, unless I completely misunderstood what they were asking, I am absolutely certain that I sent them those exact documents over two weeks ago. Can anyone explain in detail what those two are supposed to be and why they might've refused to acknowledge my documents? At the very least, the second one should be confirmed via my diploma, which contains the grades that I got on my exams...

Just 10-11 days left until the deadline and I'm seriously getting worried here. Does anyone know what else I could try doing? The only new thing I've learned is that they might only accept the true original diplomas and not any legalized copies, but that would make very little sense considering legalized copies are recognized as such...
Reply 5987
Woooohoooo finally got my offer! (Lakeside) I thought of doing it on my own at Leam, but whatever, certainty at last!, so I accepted and done with all this accommodation nerve-wrecking stuff:smile:

Anybody got Lakeside as well already? And... is it really THAT far away?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by EllieK06
Woooohoooo finally got my offer! (Lakeside) I thought of doing it on my own at Leam, but whatever, certainty at last!, so I accepted and done with all this accommodation nerve-wrecking stuff:smile:

I take it this is a PG offer for accommodation? :smile:

And it's not that far away :nah: . It's only about 10 minutes from central campus (5 to the business school). It's a bit further to Tesco, but that's about it :yep:
Reply 5989
Original post by wols
Hi All. I will be commencing my Phd at Warwick this September. As i will be coming to Warwick with my wife and little son, i applied for family housing and got a two bedroom at the Lakeside apartments. Is anyone here also taking up residence in one of the Lakeside flats? Please i desperately need information on what the flats look like, how comfortable they are and how enjoyable it is to live in them. I look forward to helpful replies. Thanks.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/all/campus/residences/lakeside/

Does this help? :smile:
Reply 5990
I take it this is a PG offer for accommodation? :smile:

And it's not that far away :nah: . It's only about 10 minutes from central campus (5 to the business school). It's a bit further to Tesco, but that's about it :yep:

PG, true:colondollar:
Original post by EllieK06

I'm just across the road in Redfern, and no, it's not that far.
Reply 5992
Unconditional, at long last. Does anyone know when I should expect the university to tell me which accommodation I'm assigned to?
Reply 5993
Hey, does anybody know if you end up with off-campus accommodation, whether you can be reassigned on campus if something opens up later in the term? A bit like with the shared system in Westwood
Reply 5994
Ok, I have Bluebell as my first choice, and Sherbourne as my second. What are the chances of me getting my first choice?
And what are people's opinions on Bluebell/Sherbourne?
Original post by HTB
Ok, I have Bluebell as my first choice, and Sherbourne as my second. What are the chances of me getting my first choice?
And what are people's opinions on Bluebell/Sherbourne?

Bluebell is nice, but more like a hotel than an accommodation block. Sherbourne is all new and shiney, but I can't say much of any kind of value about it.
Reply 5996
Original post by BlueSam3
I'm just across the road in Redfern, and no, it's not that far.

Reply 5997
So far, everything I've seen about the university, especially from this thread, makes it seem like an extremely extroverted environment, even moreso than it is for other universities. As someone who really doesn't want to have anything to do with that and only wants to study, this worries me greatly. How bad are things going to be for me?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5998
Original post by Pamphlet
So far, everything I've seen about the university, especially from this thread, makes it seem like an extremely extroverted environment, even moreso than it is for other universities. As someone who really doesn't want to have anything to do with that and only wants to study, this worries me greatly. How bad are things going to be for me?

You are on the wrong thread, friend :P If you go on to the Warwick freshers megathread, many of us don't drink and are quite introverted. Warwick seems like its really trying to branch out to more introverted students with non- clubby events e.g. pub quizzes. I'm sure you will be fine :biggrin:
Are we allowed to change the curtains?

Quick Reply

Latest