The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tazza ma razza
I just misread this as close to pizza and for a second i was like finally, someone asking the important questions...

Haha I'd just order domino's and the pizza comes to me.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I just misread this as close to pizza and for a second i was like finally, someone asking the important questions...

big dog with 4 upvotes wow congrats m8
Reply 7982
Hi all, thinking:

Rootes
Whitefield
Cryfield
Redfern
Westwood
Tocil/Claycroft

Mostly just want to go to the first 2, otherwise I'm looking for quite a sociable environment that's not too expensive. Any notes/opinions/advice for any of them?
Hello,
Due to my forgetfulness I managed to miss the deadline for priority accommodation and have just applied now, 3 days late.
My Choices were:
-Rootes
-Tocil
-Westwood
-Claycroft
-Redfern
-Whitefeilds
I was wondering if anybody knew the likelihood of me getting any accommodation on this list as it said that I won't be guaranteed campus accommodation. This would really suck as I wouldn't want to stay outside campus in the first year. Ideally I'd stay in rootes but obviously I'm not that fussed if I managed to get any that'd be great. (I should also mention that I'm an insurance applicant so will be further to the bottom of the pile :frown: )
Original post by mpaterson
Hello,
Due to my forgetfulness I managed to miss the deadline for priority accommodation and have just applied now, 3 days late.
My Choices were:
-Rootes
-Tocil
-Westwood
-Claycroft
-Redfern
-Whitefeilds
I was wondering if anybody knew the likelihood of me getting any accommodation on this list as it said that I won't be guaranteed campus accommodation. This would really suck as I wouldn't want to stay outside campus in the first year. Ideally I'd stay in rootes but obviously I'm not that fussed if I managed to get any that'd be great. (I should also mention that I'm an insurance applicant so will be further to the bottom of the pile :frown: )

What do you mean priority accomodation? Is it not the same deadline for everyone?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by typewriter
What do you mean priority accomodation? Is it not the same deadline for everyone?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well yes, I missed that deadline

Edit: had a look at a calendar, realised I haven't missed the deadline apologies for my incompetence
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm looking for a place where everyone will be very sociable and enjoy partying, however I want to be able to study and work during busy times. I effectively want a balance, which place would be most suitable. Maybe Rootes?
what does it mean by corridor living?
what does it mean by corridor living?

In essence, it's like a hotel corridor - loads of rooms along one corridor with a kitchen at the end and bathrooms dotted around in between rooms. The main difference between a corridor and a flat is that a flat will have a central locking door, whereas with corridors, you can access any once you're in the building.
Original post by ryanroks1
In essence, it's like a hotel corridor - loads of rooms along one corridor with a kitchen at the end and bathrooms dotted around in between rooms. The main difference between a corridor and a flat is that a flat will have a central locking door, whereas with corridors, you can access any once you're in the building.

so basically the corridor is a massive flat?

Also a flat would have say 6-8 people living in one 'corridor' but will be isolated from another flat (aka a corridor of 6-8 people)

Is that right?
(edited 7 years ago)

Yeah with no door to separate them so you can go to any corridor in the building - makes them great for parties and stuff :smile:
Original post by ryanroks1
Yeah with no door to separate them so you can go to any corridor in the building - makes them great for parties and stuff :smile:

check the earlier post lol; just edited it

Also a flat would have say 6-8 people living in one 'corridor' but will be isolated from another flat (aka a corridor of 6-8 people)

Is that right?

Think of a flat having a front door that everyone in the flat would have a key for. Once you're in this bit, you'll have access to the flat's bedrooms, kitchen and bathroom. This means people from other flats in the block would not be able to enter without you letting them in.

If it was corridor accommodation, these people would, however, be able to enter your corridor since there's no central door as such - just the main door into the accommodation. This means they're far more social since if you lived on corridor 2, you could go visit your friend's kitchen on corridor 7 without a need for a key. So what you said is right - if it was a flat, it's chance to be a corridor of 6-8 people but this corridor would be isolated from the others :smile:
Indian People - Where have you picked accomodation?
Does anyone know where the tesco is on campus?? I'm getting really stressed because I can't see it on the maps :') And is it close to Sherbourne, Heronbank, or Lakeside?
Original post by Insert_Username_
Does anyone know where the tesco is on campus?? I'm getting really stressed because I can't see it on the maps :':wink: And is it close to Sherbourne, Heronbank, or Lakeside?

Google Maps is your friend :wink:
Does anyone know where the tesco is on campus?? I'm getting really stressed because I can't see it on the maps :':wink: And is it close to Sherbourne, Heronbank, or Lakeside?

Those 3 are the furthest away from tesco, the closest are arthur vick and Jack martin, south-east of the campus
Arthur Vick or jack Martin?
Hello to all!
I was just wondering what kind of things I should put in the brief description of myself.
It mentions things like hobbies, interests, likes, dislikes, bedtime and character.
Anything else I should be considering?
Does anyone know where the tesco is on campus?? I'm getting really stressed because I can't see it on the maps :') And is it close to Sherbourne, Heronbank, or Lakeside?

Immediately next to Claycroft, more or less.

Quick Reply

Latest