The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Scroll to see replies

Chrrye
Well yeah, going on holiday for a month getting back a few days before you have to go to uni is badtimes. Self inflicted bad times though...

Have someone open your mail back home and action anything as necessary?

Its not a holiday. Family are relocating abroad. As always, I blame the parents!!!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1541
Everything important is online anyway

You need to submit a photo for your unicard
Get a Warwick username and thus general Warwick computer systemsite access
Enrol
accept your accomodation contract.

Its all good
Thanks for the reply guys.
I hope i do find a nice young strong man to help me with my stuff :p:

Do you guys think it will be worthwhile for me to get a cab from "cannon park" (megabus drop off). Or is the walk not far to rootes/cryfield ?
Reply 1543
Chocolatejessie

Do you guys think it will be worthwhile for me to get a cab from "cannon park" (megabus drop off). Or is the walk not far to rootes/cryfield ?

Its about 3-5 mins walk unbaggaged, and you'll be looking at about that by cab due to the road/path network.

Leave Cannon Park into the Claycroft area, past maths and the gym, and your at rootes,
Reply 1544
Steal a trolley! :p:
Eklipz89
When are we told which accommodation we have been allocated?
And has any one recieved anything from UCAS or Warwick in form of a letter/pack. I need to see something. Im due to go abroad on the 28th =/ for a month or so....bad timeeeess

I finished school in Nov 08 (in Australia) so already have received the welcome pack. Basically it just gives you background information about what to expect and tells you that you need to enrol online and pay your fees etc (this only opens mid September). Although you do need to submit an online photograph asap.

Just go to the Warwick website and you will find it all online. This is a summary of what the welcome pack tells you : http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/ourservices/enrolment/welcome/next/todo/.

Its all done online so it doesnt matter that you are leaving the country.

Hope this helps although I'm sure your welcome pack is on its way as I type this!:smile:
Say cheese!
I finished school in Nov 08 (in Australia) so already have received the welcome pack. Basically it just gives you background information about what to expect and tells you that you need to enrol online and pay your fees etc (this only opens mid September). Although you do need to submit an online photograph asap.

Just go to the Warwick website and you will find it all online. This is a summary of what the welcome pack tells you : http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/ourservices/enrolment/welcome/next/todo/.

Its all done online so it doesnt matter that you are leaving the country.

Hope this helps although I'm sure your welcome pack is on its way as I type this!:smile:

Thanks!!!
Hey

Was hoping that some current students could add their perspectives? I have a couple of people I know who are currently at Warwick and none have good stories of their hallmates and barely got on with them. Although I know this can happen anywhere because you are living with strangers but was hoping there were good stories?? On the 'about me' section you fill out do you feel you were well matched with your hallmates or did you feel it was basically anyone was put anywhere?

Thanks!
Reply 1548
Im going into 3rd, and I have to admit, i dont really have much contact with my ex-hallsmates.

However, this is more just to a drift in interests, living arrangements and timetables than disagreements.

I got on famously with them while we lived together, and have a good chat if we meet, but alas, thats about it. I would have to say there was only one person I didnt get on with, but they were pretty much universally disliked.
How is the typical kitchen equipped in terms of storage? Is it just one fridge/freezer with one cupboard?
And the same for our rooms? Does it have bed, desk, wardrobe?
And how does the communal phone thing work? I assume it can do both incoming and outcoming calls? Do we pay a bill for the phone or is it included in the accom fee.
Reply 1550
polaroid13
How is the typical kitchen equipped in terms of storage? Is it just one fridge/freezer with one cupboard?
And the same for our rooms? Does it have bed, desk, wardrobe?
And how does the communal phone thing work? I assume it can do both incoming and outcoming calls? Do we pay a bill for the phone or is it included in the accom fee.

It depeds where you are.

You will have a cupboard and drawer to yourself, and a fridge and freezer drawer. You might have more depending on where you are. There will be toasters, kettles and microwaves.

Your room will have a bed, desk, sink, wardrobe and chair.

I never used the phone, but it appeared to be a payphone or similar.
Reply 1551
Sytev
It depeds where you are.

You will have a cupboard and drawer to yourself, and a fridge and freezer drawer. You might have more depending on where you are. There will be toasters, kettles and microwaves.

Not all accomodation has a sink.
Sytev
It depeds where you are.

Ah okay. Thanks. :smile:
Reply 1553
EmmaK90
Not all accomodation has a sink.

Really? Where doesnt?

I know firsthand that Heronbank, Lakeside, Rootes, Westwood and AV do.
Reply 1554
Hmmm..when i checked on the warwick accomodation site..i'm pretty sure all accomodations said washbasin in room...but i could be wrong
Reply 1555
Sytev
Really? Where doesnt?

I know firsthand that Heronbank, Lakeside, Rootes, Westwood and AV do.

I think whitefields and tocil, maybe some others. it's all on the accomodation website

EDIT: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/all/campus/facilities_summary_09.pdf Claycroft doesn't either.
Reply 1556
EmmaK90
I think whitefields and tocil, maybe some others. it's all on the accomodation website

EDIT: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/studentaccommodation/all/campus/facilities_summary_09.pdf Claycroft doesn't either.

Fair enough, I just went with what I'd experienced.

And I'd definately encountered my sink at 8:00 on a tuesday morning before lectures in my first year :P
Slightly off topic - For uploading our photo for the Uni card - it says to use our university number as the user name and DOB as password. What is the uni number? Thanks.
polaroid13
Slightly off topic - For uploading our photo for the Uni card - it says to use our university number as the user name and DOB as password. What is the uni number? Thanks.

I think you get it when the welcome pack arrives.

Annoying wait :frown:
Reply 1559
I think you get it when the welcome pack arrives.

I don't think so, we were given a Warwick ID number in the welcome email after sending our application... I haven't tried it out yet but I think that is the ID they request.

Quick Reply

Latest