The Student Room Group

November Retake Results!

The results came out today. How did you do in your GCSE retake/early exam?

I got 199/200 in Edexcel Maths exam (479/480 UMS) but our class' coursework marks have been downgraded so no one ended up with an A* piece of coursework, which I do have to question. It going to be remarked (hopefully).

Are there any Maths GCSE examiners who go to this site? I would appreciate it if any of them could have a look at my coursework marks.

If any of you want to know what mark I dropped it was Q22 in non-Calc, paper 5. something on vectors.
Reply 1
I took the November Edexcel Maths paper too. Got 565/600 altogether, which is A* too. You did pretty good overall (583). Someone in my year got 589/600 but whatever I've still got an A*.

That's one down, nine more to go in June!
Maths is my worst subject (I'm absolutely rubbish at it) but I resat it in Nov as I had a D in the summer exams..

I was three marks off a C so have to resit it for a 3rd time :frown:

Im really jealous of all you smart people who had B's and above!
Reply 3
jennyxlouise
Maths is my worst subject (I'm absolutely rubbish at it) but I resat it in Nov as I had a D in the summer exams..

I was three marks off a C so have to resit it for a 3rd time :frown:

Im really jealous of all you smart people who had B's and above!

How come you can re-sit it more than once? I thought at GCSE you could only re-sit a particular module once? :s-smilie:
Reply 4
I got a B in year 10 (early entry) , re-took it in November year 11 and got a B again! Hopefully, I'll get an A* this June when I retake it again.
Im hoping for a B this June and an A in November. Because we do intermediate in year 10 we do crap CW (opposite corners which is foundation) but I think this year my class is going to do an extra piece which will enable us to get A/A* on both pieces. In the current year 11 top set only two people got As but loads were let down by their CW.
I haven't sat it yet. Paper 1 + 2 is in June for me.

Well done indeed by the way!

Do they reveal the RAW marks of each paper on the results slip?
Because with Edexcel Double Award Science, they just reveal the UMS marks.
I had to resit English Lit or Lang can't remember which one off the top of my head in November because i got a D in the summer but managed to get it up to a C - yayness!

Gotta worry about the Maths one now:frown:
Reply 8
Lol worryingly enough someone in my class got 598/600 UMS, and that wasn't even a resit... that was the first go thru for us (took it early)
Reply 9
I did this exam :smile:

Got 555/600 which was fine by me :smile:

Though our maths teacher gave everyone in our class 100/120 in the coursework....
Reply 10
Yeah i got maths re-takes outta the way this week, and so just waiting for the results in January
just got science to worry about now
^^ so do the results come out in January ?
Kt.b
I did this exam :smile:

Got 555/600 which was fine by me :smile:

Though our maths teacher gave everyone in our class 100/120 in the coursework....

i wish my teacher gave me that in coursework
i gotabout 96/97% in the exam but only about 80% in the coursework last year.
so glad theres no more maths coursework ever again!

And year results come out in january, last year it was the 18th so this year the 17th? not sure exactly how it works

Latest