The Student Room Group

Will unis let you drop a grade in an unrelated subject?

I'm hoping to study mechanical engineering and my offer is BBB. I think I will get B in both maths and physics but might get a C in history, will the university let me in?
Original post by LilJon
I'm hoping to study mechanical engineering and my offer is BBB. I think I will get B in both maths and physics but might get a C in history, will the university let me in?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3387419
Original post by LilJon

it depends on what all the other applicants get, no one can tell you if they will or not, mechanical engineering is also quite popular so might not accept people with lower grades than entry requirements
Quite probably yes, I can't imagine the uni will be stringent on grades if they want BBB for Mechanical Engineering.
You should just ask the university in case there's a chance they want it. Not because it's relevant but because their original offer was given on you having a certain number of A levels.
Reply 5
Original post by chickenonsteroids
You should just ask the university in case there's a chance they want it. Not because it's relevant but because their original offer was given on you having a certain number of A levels.

I heard I shouldn't ask until results day as they have no idea who's got what grades so what should I do :/
Original post by LilJon
I heard I shouldn't ask until results day as they have no idea who's got what grades so what should I do :/

Wait. Just like everyone else, however hard it is.
Original post by LilJon

just try your best not to think about it till results day:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending