The Student Room Group

Leeds A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mehru007
People who got offers, how did you feel the interview went?

I found it pretty scary and stumbled a bit on the first two stations, but got more relaxed as the MMI went on and in the end found it alright :smile: there were a couple of tricky things that I don't think I did well on but considering pretty much everyone thinks that and as its all relative to the other candidates that didn't seem to matter :smile: I really liked some of the sections and found them quite enjoyable actually!
Reply 1181

There was one station I thought had gone really bad and one I wasn't sure about but the others went okay mainly and the interviewers seemed so nice! It felt like a discussion where they were genuinely interested and wanted us to do well😊 but I'd had another MMI the month before which had gone awful so think I was just relieved it went better than that one!
Really sorry about your rejection btw know how horrible it is, good luck with your other options😊
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1182

I kind of enjoyed my interview in a perverse way! The interviewers were really friendly and although I did feel under pressure I felt fully prepared.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really not that great to be honest
Original post by RB234
There was one station I thought had gone really bad and one I wasn't sure about but the others went okay mainly and the interviewers seemed so nice! It felt like a discussion where they were genuinely interested and wanted us to do well😊 but I'd had another MMI the month before which had gone awful so think I was just relieved it went better than that one!
Really sorry about your rejection btw know how horrible it is, good luck with your other options😊

Thanks mate, good luck for the future:smile:
Does anybody know when Leeds let us know if we're on the waiting list? Or if we have to ring up on results day?
Thanks
Just spoke to my friend who's doin medicine at Leeds at the moment and he said Charles Morris are the nicest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by may_1
Just spoke to my friend who's doin medicine at Leeds at the moment and he said Charles Morris are the nicest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Charles Morris is also very expensive! I personally recommend James Baillie. North Hill Court is right next door too so you get the James Baillie social life, cheaper rent and a balcony compared with JBP. I was a bit pissed off I didn't apply there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heythere247
Charles Morris is also very expensive! I personally recommend James Baillie. North Hill Court is right next door too so you get the James Baillie social life, cheaper rent and a balcony compared with JBP. I was a bit pissed off I didn't apply there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool thanks. Has James bailie got like he best social life?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heythere247

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know what the Tannery is like?? I heard that a lot of medics go there so I thought that could be good but don't really know anything about accommodation yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by may_1
so true ! although im deffo planning on going out as much as i can balance haha. Im sort of terrible at balancing going out and working- I'm a bit of an all or nothing person so thats deffo a skill im going to need to learn for med school aha! oh cool interview at bham is impressive! i had interviews from cardiff and leicester and got rejected pre interview for bristol- only heard back so far from leeds but it was my number one anyway! Nightlife amazing, big city, great shops and amazing med school! dream come true :'D X

Let's hope my liver survives med school ahaha. Aww that's good, I live in Bristol and did some interview practice at uni and the Bristol interviews sound so horrible so being rejected saved you from that! It sounds amazing, can't wait to start!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LThomas694
Let's hope my liver survives med school ahaha. Aww that's good, I live in Bristol and did some interview practice at uni and the Bristol interviews sound so horrible so being rejected saved you from that! It sounds amazing, can't wait to start!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha hope U firm leeds! sound like my potential partner in crime😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hectors
Offer ayyyyyyyyy
:h:

Well done omg so pleased for you this was your second time round at Leeds too wasn't it!
Original post by may_1
Well done omg so pleased for you this was your second time round at Leeds too wasn't it!

Yess! I literally wasn't expecting it since my interview performance was average at best this year!
I don't know whether to firm it though
Will there be an opportunity to go to a offer holder day/look at accommodation before I have to decide firm choice?
Original post by medapplicant2016
Will there be an opportunity to go to a offer holder day/look at accommodation before I have to decide firm choice?

There's an accommodation visit day in April but I'm not sure if there's an offer holder day but I hope there is
Original post by may_1
Aha hope U firm leeds! sound like my potential partner in crime😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahaha sounds like it, I probably will but not 100% sure yet because I haven't heard back from Bham yet
Original post by LThomas694
There's an accommodation visit day in April but I'm not sure if there's an offer holder day but I hope there is

Oh okay, yeah me too!! Still can't believe I got into Leeds though, the interview seemed tragic
Have Leeds given out all the offers for medicine now?
Original post by exam_hater
Have Leeds given out all the offers for medicine now?

yeah!
How do we get the feedback then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending