The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How much is the salary of an innovation analyst in glencore? Is it ibd? Is it front back or middle office?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studos
How much is the salary of an innovation analyst in glencore? Is it ibd? Is it front back or middle office?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea what an 'innovation analyst' is. Glencore is an energy trading company with ancillary ownership in some small energy producers.

By the looks of it, it's not IBD. And since Glencore's bread and butter is physical trading, it isn't FO either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
I have no idea what an 'innovation analyst' is. Glencore is an energy trading company with ancillary ownership in some small energy producers.

By the looks of it, it's not IBD. And since Glencore's bread and butter is physical trading, it isn't FO either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like a technology role to me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Sounds like a technology role to me...

Posted from TSR Mobile

He assesses new innovations for investment purposes. Is that what you mean by technology role?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studos
He assesses new innovations for investment purposes. Is that what you mean by technology role?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah. That added detail makes it sound more like an internal finance/financial analysis role based around doing valuations on new innovations in the industry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Nah. That added detail makes it sound more like an internal finance/financial analysis role based around doing valuations on new innovations in the industry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

but is it front office?
Original post by studos
but is it front office?

No

Posted from TSR Mobile
was wondering did anyone here apply to different divisions or did all of you apply to the same division across all the banks?
Original post by Daniel9998
was wondering did anyone here apply to different divisions or did all of you apply to the same division across all the banks?

different
Original post by studos
Guys tell me please if I can apply now to any vacancy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Focus on asking local boutique firms for work experience and then maybe use that experience to get a banking/finance job. That's what helped me get into banking.
Original post by cashcash871
Focus on asking local boutique firms for work experience and then maybe use that experience to get a banking/finance job. That's what helped me get into banking.

Any example?
Original post by busybuddy
Any example?

Google is your friend bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone heard from Boston Consulting Group?
Original post by WarwickEconJ

Still waiting, we will hear this week
Original post by WarwickEconJ

Just got an offer.
Original post by Maestori
Just got an offer.

Grats!

(would you mind PMing me your background, uni + sub + any SWs/leadership stuff).

Posted from TSR Mobile
people who completed summer internship interviews with goldman, how did you find them? like how did they differ from your spring week interviews? (if at all)
(particularly gir)
Original post by aishamarie
people who completed summer internship interviews with goldman, how did you find them? like how did they differ from your spring week interviews? (if at all)
(particularly gir)

End of spring interviews for summer?
Original post by MrStealYourGirl
End of spring interviews for summer?

yep - sorry should've been more specific
Original post by aishamarie
(particularly gir)

Mine was really nice but tbh we were being assessed throughout the 2 weeks with a stock pitch and group exercise and other things

The interview was a bit more technical than the initial interview but it was more focused on what we had done throughout the week

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending