The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am 26 and i have one so dont worry i eat too much sugar too blame it on my sweet tooth pain how can i get rid of it
Original post by katrina leeder
I will be 29 in july and i have 3 filings, i was wondering whether that is bad because i know people well in their thirties who have none. I think i had my first of three at 23 i brush twice daily but i do eat a lot of sugar foods like chocolate. Anyone my age or younger that have fillings

i have 4 and am i 20, so dont think 3 is too bad at your age:smile:
Yes and I don't like it, I've also had a tooth removed which upsets me... I used to pride myself on my good teeth. But I have a nice healthy tooth arrangement, never had braces or anything.

It freaks me out how sugar is packed into most food and drink.

Edit: I'll tell you what else disturbs me. The fact that they didn't have modern dentistry for centuries, so people with problems simply had to get teeth yanked out, or whatever.
(edited 8 years ago)
I will be 29 in july and i have 3 filings, i was wondering whether that is bad because i know people well in their thirties who have none. I think i had my first of three at 23 i brush twice daily but i do eat a lot of sugar foods like chocolate. Anyone my age or younger that have fillings

Im 18 and I have a crown, a tooth pulled out and 6 fillings so yeah
Reply 5
Don't compare yourself to other people. It really depends on the individual. I wash my teeth with passion yet they're still weak and need a lot of dentist care. What can one do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, I'm always surprised by people who don't have fillings, just because I feel I've had so many in the past 10 years (I'm 22). I don't know how many I've actually had, though. I also had a (baby) tooth removed, which promptly knocked out the (baby) one next to it, mid procedure! I don't think I took care of my teeth when I was younger. That mentality changed when I had braces fitted, because it was through private dentistry and I was terrified of my parents feeling they'd wasted money. I take much better care of my teeth now, but I think I still need a tiny filling or two just because I suppose these things happen with all of the different kind of foods we eat.
Reply 7

i have **** loads of fillings, at least 4 small ones in order to have braces, and I'm 18. For years i have brushed at least 2 times a day but when i was young i would avoid it while also eating crap foods so that is probably why.
Mid-twenties. Three fillings, one crown, two removed adult teeth, and all four wisdom teeth taken out. :sigh:

I don't understand why my teeth are such a mess. I brush and mouthwash twice a day and floss every evening. :frown:
do you eat a lot of sugar
do you eat a lot of sugar

Yes, particularly soda. :colondollar: Although I try to chew sugar-free gum after to try and minimize the amount of time the sugar is on my teeth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had white fillings when i was a kid
Original post by Sabertooth
Mid-twenties. Three fillings, one crown, two removed adult teeth, and all four wisdom teeth taken out. :sigh:

I don't understand why my teeth are such a mess. I brush and mouthwash twice a day and floss every evening. :frown:

Do you brush properly for 2 minutes? When i say properly i dont mean pressing hard. Also i give my tongue a quick brush too as thats where all the bacteria from food is!
I had quite a few on my milk teeth, and I had two of those removed :s-smilie:
But my teeth have been pretty good since then, so over 7/8 years with no issues
Original post by Redfrost
Do you brush properly for 2 minutes? When i say properly i dont mean pressing hard. Also i give my tongue a quick brush too as thats where all the bacteria from food is!

Yeah, I do. I actually have an electric toothbrush with two minute timer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I'm 30 and have three and two of those I got when I was in my 20s. I also have a tooth which is mainly filling material as I broke it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i will be 29 in july and have two fillings ****ing hate dentist
i am 32 and have none
Are you serious, I had two fillings and one tooth removed before the age of 13.
why so young i had my first at 23 and my second age 28

Latest