The Student Room Group

How much would insurance be on a golf gti 2.0?

jj
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jamesd678
im 17 going to be passing my test soon, how much would the insurance be roughly?

Ridiculous. Depends how new/old the car is (how expensive it is)

You're probably looking at 2.5k.

I had a BMW 1 series (1.6) as my SECOND car, 8 months after passing, and my insurance was £2,600. That was WITH both my parents on it to bring it down and WITHOUT a black box.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
im 17 going to be passing my test soon, how much would the insurance be roughly?

Probably much more than you can afford. Your looking at something like 2k at least.

First car, you really should be looking at 1.4l and lower. Nothing turbo injected and all that. A 2l gti is probably not a good idea for a first car
Reply 3
Original post by lewif002
Ridiculous. Depends how new/old the car is (how expensive it is)

I had a BMW 1 series (1.6) as my SECOND car, 8 months after passing, and my insurance was £2,600. That was WITH both my parents on it to bring it down and WITHOUT a black box.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To add to this. My first car was a 1.4 golf with about 50k miles. That was about 1.5k a year fully comp.

Also, let me add. Driving on your own is very different than having a passenger. You'll have mad moments and need to get used to REAL driving. Your first car will definitely scuff the wheels and pick up a few scratches and knocks. Don't spend big cash on your first car.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
cool thanks guys, wont be getting it then, il go for another volkswagen golf :biggrin:

Very expensive. Other than your age, another key variable is the area you live in. In my area - at 17 - for a 2.0l GTi you're probably looking at £3,500 minimum.

Original post by lewif002

Original post by tim_123
Your looking at something like 2k at least.

My Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 was £2,800 for my first year! Jesus I wish I'd have gotten a GTi now instead! :tongue:
Original post by Burridge

My Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 was £2,800 for my first year! Jesus I wish I'd have gotten a GTi now instead! :tongue:

That may or may not have been a possibility, many insurance companies even if they will give you a quote won't necessarily accept you for an insurance policy on something as high powered.
Original post by Alfissti
That may or may not have been a possibility, many insurance companies even if they will give you a quote won't necessarily accept you for an insurance policy on something as high powered.

I was being sarcastic, haha. GTi insurance for myself in my first year would be have been an eye-watering amount.
My parents have an 11 plate gti and I tried to see how much insurance would cost for me (18 yr old boy 1 yr NCB with both parents on insurance)

Only one company deemed me insurable at £11k... Everyone else didn't give me a quote. I also live in a high risk area which makes it worse aha
2.0 GTI, 17. Pick a number between 1000 and 1 million.

Its impossible to say.
It depends on a lot of things such as how old the car is, where you live, any named drivers, how many miles you will do a year, where you keep the car at night, your driving history etc.
Get a quote and find out yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending