The Student Room Group

Lyme Disease

So trust me to be bitten by a tic just hours after my last exam Friday, only to discover I now have Lyme disease. I feel all achy and although I don't have the bullseye ring (which you can have the disease without it), I have tremendous muscle and joint pain and feel all flu-ey.

Just wondered whether anyone has had this before and what they could advise. I called 111 and they've set up an appointment with hospital at 5 today. However, I've read that if you leave it, then could turn into major arthritis issues - but going to Glastonbury Wednesday to Monday and don't want to take antibiotics when I will be drinking. The course apparently is 2-4 weeks worth!

Ahh typical for it to fall at festival season but any advice would be great.
if you dont finish an anti biotics course it could cause an antibiotic resistance so i d say finish what they give you and drink as little as possible till then
This was on holby city but i forgot how they cured it
Yes untreated lyme disease can cause major long term health problems. I think you know full well your future health is far more important than how much alcohol you can drink at a festival. And you should definitely not stop your course early, as claire said that is a major cause of antibiotic resistance.
so you havent actually been diagnosed with lyme disease yet?
You need to get it sorted out, it's more important than your festival. You can end up with visual disturbances from it, you really don't want those.
Reply 6
So they are taking my blood tests tomorrow and will text me with the results when I'm at Glastonbury so I can pick up antibiotics there, they just wanted to 100% confirm it before putting me on them. So guess I can't worry about it until I get the results in

Quick Reply

Latest