The Student Room Group

How many guys are actually like this?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
At which point you should probably break up with them rather than cheat on them...

Well during the 'transitioning' a lot of 'cheating' can happen while both partners are looking for new people to go out with.
Original post by Lemon Haze
There will always be a trill regardless of the situation of the relationship...meeting anyone new and getting into bed with them is naturally trilling and for some people the fact it's secretive and wrong makes it even better.

I would disagree, if you were satisfied in your relationship you wouldn't feel the need to cheat.

Also perhaps the Student Room is the wrong place to ask this question since lots of 'lads' will be giving replies for rep and it seems to be quite full of social rejects anyway
Original post by bekkiiefagan
What a piece of ****.
Urgh, how disgusting.
It's one thing to cheat but to essentially force yourself upon another human is just despicable.
Hope you're ok!

Thanks, yeah it was pretty scary.
At which point you should probably break up with them rather than cheat on them...

Loool don't worry, half the kids on here who say they'd cheat wouldn't be able to get anyone to cheat on to begin with anyway. From personal experience, it really doesn't happen as often as most people think it does. And women cheat just as often anyway.
Original post by quentinhamilton
Well why not?

Lol because you said you were being sarcastic and no you wouldn't cheat, then deleted that comment to uphold your status as a 'lad'
Original post by blackened_sky
Loool don't worry, half the kids on here who say they'd cheat wouldn't be able to get anyone to cheat on to begin with anyway. From personal experience, it really doesn't happen as often as most people think it does. And women cheat just as often anyway.

Hahahah true. Well I hope you're right.
It takes all kinda to make the world, I guess. It sucks that you were put in that position, and there are all kinds of weirdos out there.
Lmao "cheating is good" "it doesn't matter if the other person doesn't find out" "no one gets hurt" Loool at people who actually believe this ****. Cheating never hurts until it happens to you :colone:
Lol because you said you were being sarcastic and no you wouldn't cheat, then deleted that comment to uphold your status as a 'lad'
I was being sarcastic so I thought that there was no point in me justifying myself dear
Original post by bassbabe
Yeah most guys would jump at any opportunity to bed another woman when they're already in a relationship. If you want to sleep around then stop being a pussy and dump the girl. Just watch the programme "cheaters". People have to call in invistigators because their partners are so damn sneaky smh. Then these goons deny everything even when they've been caught shagging someone else on camera.

So true about being a pussy and not dumping the girl!
Lollll, hope that programme's a bit exagerrated for entertainment value.
Lmao "cheating is good" "it doesn't matter if the other person doesn't find out" "no one gets hurt" Loool at people who actually believe this ****. Cheating never hurts until it happens to you :colone:

truth
Funny how a guy on this thread is claiming he wouldn't cheat when he cheated on every girl he dated lol
Well no, I was trying to gage opinions from members of the male sex in general to see how many thought like this, and that's not something I can work out with my own head.

Maybe you should try thinking for a second or two before posting smarmy and sarky replies to someone who's trying to get a feel for how the opposite gender thinks/operates, something I obviously cannot do in my own head since I am a woman.

Don't you think that he's some sort of anomaly though? I wouldn't let some random woman cause me to reassess my whole view of the opposite gender.

To answer your question, I wouldn't cheat on my partner.
Funny how a guy on this thread is claiming he wouldn't cheat when he cheated on every girl he dated lol

Omg meta commenting on TSR.
Also how do you know that, do you guys all know eachother?
Encountered this guy the other night who I thought was incredibly cruel. He had been living with his girlfriend for three years and was trying to take advantage of me, borderline rape me when I refused. I had to physically fight him off me.

He said he had cheated on his girlfriend once before and didn't seem to care that she could potentially be upset by this. I said just because she didn't find out about it didn't make it okay and how could he be so unfeeling? I literally said straight out to him, "do you have no emotions? are you some kind of psycho?"

He seemed to justify potentially cheating on his girlfriend with me, simply because I had a hotter body and a hotter face than her therefore he wanted to have sex with me. I was like whaaat? Am I being incredibly naive here or something but how many guys would happily do this?!! My gentlemen friends certainly wouldn't do this if they liked the girl they were with. Plus anyone who I've ever known to have cheated would do so when their relationship was broken, but from what he was saying, his relationship wasn't broken, he just wanted to have sex with me.

Would you guys happily cheat like this?

Imho, some women are like this (this is the point at which i refer you to that song: "these hoes ain't loyal" by chris brown and whats'-his-face :P). So therefore, it isn't a 'gender' matter or issue that must be addressed; but rather a 'human' issue.
We (as a race); prefer better (your story offers a somewhat subjective view tbh.. we do not know for sure that he preferred you because of your 'hotness' when, your 'easiness' could easily come into play) things in life. We want faster cars, bigger houses, better planes, e.t.c
Now to the guy in question. given that, from his viewpoint, he had the ability to cheat (and obtain a 'better' 'object' [object]) and not get caught, this is an option that some people would choose; with regards to their own personal incentive to cheat (be it: for the love of being 'young and free', money, fame, opposite sexs' 'hot' body or whatever).

Honestly, his reasons for doing so are unknown; but you can't deny that, when in a relationship, you will still notice attractive members of the opposite sex. His issue, is that he hasn't (or won't) obtain/seek the mental ability to resist those urges. It isn't uncommon across the human race (especially in the 21st century.. have you been under a rock all this while or?)
Original post by Protégé
Don't you think that he's some sort of anomaly though? I wouldn't let some random woman cause me to reassess my whole view of the opposite gender.

To answer your question, I wouldn't cheat on my partner.

I see what you mean, but I suppose that experience was quite forceful and impacting - it was enough to make me question everything.
Also I've had a guy make out with me before, thinking he was single, then had his girlfriend (who I later discovered he'd made promise to be exclusive with) come and knock on my door the in tears the next day. That wasn't very nice.
I've also been in a relationship with someone before where they've got in a new relationship whilst with me, which was quite confusing. Like oh, so you have two girlfriends...
Nice to hear you wouldn't cheat though
Omg meta commenting on TSR.
Also how do you know that, do you guys all know eachother?

Slightly know him and it's disgusting
I would disagree, if you were satisfied in your relationship you wouldn't feel the need to cheat.

Also perhaps the Student Room is the wrong place to ask this question since lots of 'lads' will be giving replies for rep and it seems to be quite full of social rejects anyway

thank you for such a positive, encouraging viewpoint about the people that responded to YOUR thread, in which YOU asked a question about a matter; because YOU didn't understand something.

Not all of us can be social queens & butterflies like yours truly. We all should go kill ourselves for not obeying and following a divine, encompassing rule placed & re-enforced by the media dictating how we comport ourselves in the presence of others. ffs.

btw, you do realise that it is a website for students and not all students = 'lads'.. right? or is this generally how you view male students? that all male students = 'lads'?
Original post by theDanIdentity
Imho, some women are like this (this is the point at which i refer you to that song: "these hoes ain't loyal" by chris brown and whats'-his-face :P). So therefore, it isn't a 'gender' matter or issue that must be addressed; but rather a 'human' issue.
We (as a race); prefer better (your story offers a somewhat subjective view tbh.. we do not know for sure that he preferred you because of your 'hotness' when, your 'easiness' could easily come into play) things in life. We want faster cars, bigger houses, better planes, e.t.c

Well given that I declined his advances, despite him knocking me to the ground and jumping on me, I would say I was probably not that easy, thanks a lot for your charming insinuation.

Honestly, his reasons for doing so are unknown; but you can't deny that, when in a relationship, you will still notice attractive members of the opposite sex. His issue, is that he hasn't (or won't) obtain/seek the mental ability to resist those urges. It isn't uncommon across the human race (especially in the 21st century.. have you been under a rock all this while or?)

I would honestly say that guys/girls who do behave in this way are so-doing because they are insecure, dissatsified with their own existences and seeking validation.
Also, it's one thing to notice an attractive member of the opposite sex, it's another to actually cheat when you love and are living with someone else.

It isn't uncommon across the human race (especially in the 21st century.. have you been under a rock all this while or?)

Yeah, no I've had my fair share of experiences where people have cheated but I suppose just trying to gage how many guys actually would behave in this way through asking online, more than a discussion of why. Because there aren't that many other ways to find out since most people wouldn't straight up tell you in real life, whether they have or would potentially do this
Slightly know him and it's disgusting

:/ Lol, because he's that fake he's lied about it.
Are you a girl or guy? I take it either way you don't look on this kind of behaviour favourably

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending