The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Letter from Exeter.

I got a letter back from Exeter University. My course is Physics.
They've invited me to attend "an individual discussion about your application with a member of our academic staff."
They said "this is a relaxed and informal interview and an opportunity to ask whatever questions you may have".
What does this mean?
It sounds quite indecisive to me...would they have sent me a letter if they weren't considering me as a candidate?

This is perplexing. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Chris.
Reply 1
how the hell did you become a member of tsr with a name like 'bukkake'?!? lol
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I would infer from that that they like you and will probably offer you a place, but just want to meet you and make sure you're really right for the course, as well as giving you the chance to meet them and look around the uni.
Reply 3
The Boosh

Shhhhh! :wink:
If you were up for rejection youd know.
Have you had an offer from them?
Reply 6
Hey!

Yeah about a week after my interview they emailed me with an offer.

So it's cool.

Exeter seemed like a pretty nice University and the city seemed quite cool too, although I only saw it through the window of a coach.

Good good.
Reply 7
The Boosh

I now regret looking that up on wiki lol. :p:
Reply 8
tomdav
I now regret looking that up on wiki lol. :p:

Would you like to (tastefully) run it past us what it means, so I do not have to go through the ominous process of looking it up? :eek:

Edit: never mind, I couldn't resist, curiosity got the better of me and I had to look it up on wiki. I now fully expect the University to disconnect my Internet at any moment! :biggrin:
It seems odd they would ask you back for a second interview. Are you likely to get bursaries or something?

Will be good to see some new faces around physics. Who did you have your interview with btw?
Reply 10
Sweepster
Would you like to (tastefully) run it past us what it means, so I do not have to go through the ominous process of looking it up? :eek:

Edit: never mind, I couldn't resist, curiosity got the better of me and I had to look it up on wiki. I now fully expect the University to disconnect my Internet at any moment! :biggrin:

I dont think I could have summarised it 'cleanly' anyway haha. :p:
Reply 11
danny8522003
It seems odd they would ask you back for a second interview. Are you likely to get bursaries or something?

Will be good to see some new faces around physics. Who did you have your interview with btw?

:confused:
No they didn't ask me back for a second interview.
I've had just the one.

I forgot the name of the interviewer, but he was Russian, that's all I can remember hehe :biggrin:

(y)
Oh ok, i assumed when you were puzzled by the invitation to "an individual discussion about your application with a member of our academic staff." that this was separate to your interview.

Russian eh .. Wasn't Peter Petrov was it? He's somewhat of a legend among first years at the moment.

Latest

Trending

Trending