The Student Room Group

Do unis know my school doesnt have Further maths?

I just realised that my teacher did not write anything about the school not having further maths. i moved after 2 years to an international highschool to do a levels and used one of my old teachers letter of rec. so do i need to email them?

edit: i applied to durham exeter, lse, nottingham and bristol. for the first 2 i already got an offer. i also took the tmua and did not send it since my 6.2 seems kinda low. is it too late to send it now and say something like no fm but i took the tmua? maybe they think i hid the tmua at first?
Original post by MateoC
I just realised that my teacher did not write anything about the school not having further maths. i moved after 2 years to an international highschool to do a levels and used one of my old teachers letter of rec. so do i need to email them?

edit: i applied to durham exeter, lse, nottingham and bristol. for the first 2 i already got an offer. i also took the tmua and did not send it since my 6.2 seems kinda low. is it too late to send it now and say something like no fm but i took the tmua? maybe they think i hid the tmua at first?

Unless your referee explained that your school don't offer Further Maths, then the university has no way of knowing that. You haven't mentioned for what course you have applied, but it's presumably one where some universities express a preference for Further Maths, if it's available at your school. Is that the case?

A TMUA score of 6.2 is a little on the low side, but not significantly so. The scale is designed such that around a third of test takes will achieve overall scores higher than 6.5. So 6.2 puts you a little outside the top third. It's not too late to provide your TMUA score now.

Are you happy with the offers you've received from Durham and Exeter? Were you really hoping for an offer from one of the others too?
Reply 2
they havent answered yet and im hoping to get offers from them. its mainly econ/fianance/maths courses. so should i email them about further mathematics? also do you think the tmua would help? my ps is decent but i only have AAA predicted
Original post by MateoC
they havent answered yet and im hoping to get offers from them. its mainly econ/fianance/maths courses. so should i email them about further mathematics? also do you think the tmua would help? my ps is decent but i only have AAA predicted

Ask your school to email them and to apologise for not including the information in your reference.
Original post by MateoC

Did you consider self-teaching? Why did you choose a school not offering FMaths?
Reply 5
Original post by Muttley79
Did you consider self-teaching? Why did you choose a school not offering FMaths?
cuz its the only international school in the county
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Ask your school to email them and to apologise for not including the information in your reference.
its kinda my fault cuz i coordinated the teacher from my old public school and did not let him know to write that
Original post by MateoC
its kinda my fault cuz i coordinated the teacher from my old public school and did not let him know to write that

Then ask your school to explore that when they email your universities
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
Then ask your school to explore that when they email your universities
so i shouldnt send the email myself
Original post by MateoC
so i shouldnt send the email myself

Why would they believe you about the policy of your school. This information needs to be provided directly to universities by the school.
Original post by MateoC
cuz its the only international school in the county
Self teaching?
Reply 11
not really allowed to do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending