The Student Room Group

Which Uni is best for Law....

I've been compiling a list of Universities for law. My predicted grades are AAB, however, I was advised that I can apply to uni's with slightly higher entry grades and may still be offered a place.
My top uni's are-
- Leicester
- Warwick
- York
- Leeds
- Lancaster
- Cardiff

And my other ideas include -
- Reading
- Exeter
- Manchester
- Surrey
- Nottingham
- Sussex
- Queen Mary's

Can anybody advise on where would be best to apply for future employment in law/ general student satisfaction please???

Thank You! x
Hi there,

The universities you have listed above are great choices. I also recommend having a look at Coventry University, University of Birmingham and University of Law. I also recommend attending all the open days and getting more insight from the students as well as the academic staffs at the universities.

Best wishes
Narusha
Coventry University Student Ambassador
Original post by xHolly_1228x
I've been compiling a list of Universities for law. My predicted grades are AAB, however, I was advised that I can apply to uni's with slightly higher entry grades and may still be offered a place.
My top uni's are-
- Leicester
- Warwick
- York
- Leeds
- Lancaster
- Cardiff

- Reading
- Exeter
- Manchester
- Surrey
- Nottingham
- Sussex
- Queen Mary's

Can anybody advise on where would be best to apply for future employment in law/ general student satisfaction please???

Thank You! x

Hi there!
I study law myself, and I feel I am very happy and satisfied with the programme so far. We have a very good variation for modules. There are modules that are practical and helpful for future career progressions like Mediation, Civil litigation etc. However, there are more niche modules available to study for more research based interest such as, War Crimes and Atrocities, Youth Justice etc.

We are also able to take modules from other degrees and use them to make up your credits instead of traditional law modules. We also operate a joint honours scheme so you could potentially study Law with other available options and graduate with a degree in both courses.

The department and main faculty are also very helpful in assisting in expanding your employability skills. We often participate in national mooting and negotiation competitions.
I am on a placement year with my law degree and I have received so much assistance from them in finding placements to apply for and getting feedback and advice with my CV and Cover Letter.

If you had anymore dpecifquestions feel free to ask me or I will leave the like for Lancaster University's Ask A Student page so you can speak to a current law student about any issues.

https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/chat/

Thank you!
Lancaster University Student Ambassador,
Glory.
(edited 5 months ago)
My top uni's are-
- Leicester
- Warwick
- York
- Leeds
- Lancaster
- Cardiff

- Reading
- Exeter
- Manchester
- Surrey
- Nottingham
- Sussex
- Queen Mary's

Thank You! x

Hi there @xHolly_1228x, we hope you're well!

You already have lots of great choices, and options, which is great to see! Just in case you fancy a look - for our Law LLB (Hons) here at DMU we are very proud to offer a dedicated law environment complete with its own mock courtroom, client interviewing room and an integrated law library. :cyber:Facilities and location, as well as research and investment into the subject area, are also factors you can consider when deciding where to apply.:u:

You can see combinations for Level 3 qualifications, such as A-Levels (if it helps :colondollar:), and roughly how these translate to UCAS Tariff Points here: www.dmu.ac.uk/study/applying/ucas-tariff-guide-entry-requirements.aspx

Also, as @Coventry University mentioned, the best way to get a good overview of any University and whether it would be able to offer everything you are looking for is to attend an Open Day!
There will be lots of these days for various different Universities up and down the UK over the coming weeks and months - so keep an eye out:cool:

University status and grades are important, but it is also a good idea to find somewhere that you feel academically challenged, celebrated, and at home. After all you will be there for a minimum of three years! :smartass:

Let me know if I can help with any general questions about deciding which University to go to (fire away):headfire:

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
My top uni's are-
- Leicester
- Warwick
- York
- Leeds
- Lancaster
- Cardiff

- Reading
- Exeter
- Manchester
- Surrey
- Nottingham
- Sussex
- Queen Mary's

Thank You! x

Hi @xHolly_1228x,

It's great to hear that you are starting to think about applying for university! There are a few points I'd recommend considering that might help you narrow down your choices!

First, I'd recommend taking a closer look at the modules available at each university. There might be something you're really interested in studying that is offered in one place but not the other. You can find more about the modules offered at Exeter here. Please bear in mind they are subject to change each year, but nevertheless should provide a good understanding of the course. It might also be worth considering contact hours, assessment types, etc. These may vary slightly from each other and therefore help you filter through your choices.

Aside from academics, societies and extra-curriculars are a great way to engage in university life - I'd therefore recommend taking a closer look at what is on offer at each university. In Exeter, we have over 300 societies and our Athletic Union runs 52 sports clubs. You can read more about them here.

On a more personal note, I'm now in my final year at Exeter and have really enjoyed my time here! In terms of the area, there are plenty of restaurants, bars, clubs, etc. to choose from. I've found it is the perfect mix between a large city and a small town - plenty to do, but it doesn't feel overwhelming! Easy access to the beach or nearby cities on the train, and I'm also only a two-hour train ride from home if I fancy popping back for a visit over the weekend! This is ideal for me, and might be worth keeping in mind if easy access back home is important to you. The teaching staff and student community are all really friendly, and the Career Zone provide excellent support with CVs, job interviews, and applications.

I would definitely recommend visiting our campus if possible - you can find more about that here.

Wishing you the best of luck with your application! Please feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions!

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending