The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London, PgDip Nursing 2015

Hi all,

I have an offer for Adult Nursing PgDip 2015, awaiting the APEL form to be approved (taking longer than the 4-6weeks). Just wondering who else is going?
Reply 1
Hi congrats on getting a place. This doesn't answer your question but I am applying to this course for 2016 and wondering what undergraduate degree you did? I know it says health-care related is preferred, mine was BSc but not health-care related as such...

Thanks
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by ashxx91
Hi congrats on getting a place. This doesn't answer your question but I am applying to this course for 2016 and wondering what undergraduate degree you did? I know it says health-care related is preferred, mine was BSc but not health-care related as such...

Thanks

My degree is in natural sciences, it is more that you need the healthcare related experience.
Reply 3
Ok thank you. I do have health-care related experience so hopefully this will help. Can you let me know what APEL require? What evidence? I have been working as a private carer, not through a company though so I am worried they won't accept this!
Original post by ashxx91
Ok thank you. I do have health-care related experience so hopefully this will help. Can you let me know what APEL require? What evidence? I have been working as a private carer, not through a company though so I am worried they won't accept this!

Hi, I'm going to study Pgdip Adult Nursing this September. I just got my APEL confirmed officially on Monday and an unconditional offer has been made although I already knew that because I called them months ago.
Regarding your question, without saying too much (because we signed non disclosure agreements), after a conditional offer has been made you will receive the form which is Accreditation for Prior Learning or something like that. You fill out the questionnaire and your line manager has to sign off to verify the number of hours you claim to have worked (min 575 hours). Even if you do not have the experience at that point, you have time to build up your experience before the deadline you will be given. As for previous courses, it does not matter. My Bsc was in Politics and MA in International Human Resource Management! Just write a helluva personal statement in your application!😊
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Hi Ugomma, Thanks for your help. I am now currently in the process of completing the forms!
Good. I wish you all the best in your application, x.

Quick Reply

Latest