The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Does Nottingham offer contextual for CS

Hello there,

I have just been to the Nottingham open day and really liked the lecturers, so much so it's probably going to be my firm choice. However the entry requirements may be a little too high for me.

I know Nottingham offers a slightly lower offer for computing students but my school does not have that as an option so I decided to take further maths in order to learn at least the fundemental maths for the first year at uni. Would Nottingham take this into consideration along with my other facilitating subjects in physics and maths and lower my offer. I just don't understand someone who has AAB in media studies, PE and computing can have a better chance of getting in than me.
Reply 1
My offer for Mechanical MEng was a grade lower than the advertised offer. I learned in the Applicants Day that others had received similar lower offers and some had a couple of grades lower offers or even unconditional offers. It seemed to me that the admissions tutor was prepared to lower their offers for students with further maths or with particularly good AS grades etc. I don't know if this is the same across all departments but I would say that the Engineering Admissions tutor was very helpful and happy to answer an email query so you could gain more insight that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending