The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Computer Science at UCL

I recently applied to UCL for their Computer Science course. I am predicted A*A*A and achieved 99998888866 at GCSE. I found out I am eligible for their Access UCL scheme due to my circumstances which would give me a contextual offer of A*AB if I am successful in getting an offer. I think my application and personal statement is good as well as I have already gotten 3 offers from Univeristy of Birmingham, Southampton and Nottingham. Do I have a good chance of getting an offer?
Reply 1
Original post by chisom9
I recently applied to UCL for their Computer Science course. I am predicted A*A*A and achieved 99998888866 at GCSE. I found out I am eligible for their Access UCL scheme due to my circumstances which would give me a contextual offer of A*AB if I am successful in getting an offer. I think my application and personal statement is good as well as I have already gotten 3 offers from Univeristy of Birmingham, Southampton and Nottingham. Do I have a good chance of getting an offer?

I was rejected last year with 4A* 1A predicted, nine 9s and three 8s at GCSE, and even though I had a lot of programming experience.

I am applying again this year with 5A* achieved (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, CS, EPQ in mobile app development).

From my school, nobody with less than 4A* predicted was accepted, and a friend of mine who ended up going to Oxford for CS was rejected from UCL (with 5A star predicted).

If you are contextual and/or attend a public school, your chances should be higher. It might also depend on your STAT result.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending