The Student Room Group

Psychology or English Degree - which is more likely to get me a job?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scrawlx101
what careers would i able to do in media if i got a psychology degree?

Jobs in the media don't require any specific degrees. But way more people are likely to have an English degree than psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SmaugTheTerrible
English from a top University and then make the most of the degree with lots of work experience.

Psych is a mickey mouse degree.

decided that i want to do psychology since i actually think i'll enjoy that in the long term(I do it now and I'm always learning something new which i can apply to real life) then doing english (i could see myself getting bored doing english).
any good jobs in media? what is the labour market like? Are employment prospects good? My original plan was to become an educational psychologist or maybe a sports psychologist but i dont think i'll be able to do this due to funding issues...
Original post by yabbayabba
Jobs in the media don't require any specific degrees. But way more people are likely to have an English degree than psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scrawlx101
any good jobs in media? what is the labour market like? Are employment prospects good? My original plan was to become an educational psychologist or maybe a sports psychologist but i dont think i'll be able to do this due to funding issues...

If you don't even have a job in mind, then go into another sector. The media is competitive and you dont seem to have much interest. Do some research yourself if you're that curious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheTipsyTarsier
You don't know what you want to do?
English language or literature??

Language. Literature is supposed to be laborious, loads of reading obscure victorian texts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending