The Student Room Group

What is your biggest age gap between your siblings?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claireestelle
i was 14 when my half sister was born and it was a massive shock to me, i d accepted never having a sibling years before and then i got one, glad i do though:smile:

aww that's awesome if it's ur first sibling but unlike me who already had 2 brothers ffs :/

I wouldn't replace my brother for the world though I luv him so much - also I think if u have a younger sibling u an appreciate them much more
Original post by pagorai
Full sibling :yes:
My one friend and her own brother's age gap is 17 years lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

that is quite the gap for full siblings, was it a suprise for you when you knew you were going to have a sibling after being just you for so long?
I'm 16, my eldest sibling is 34- so 18 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
well theres 14 years between me and my half sister so doubt anyone can top that..

My brother is 5
My oldest sister is 24
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
aww that's awesome if it's ur first sibling but unlike me who already had 2 brothers ffs :/

I wouldn't replace my brother for the world though I luv him so much - also I think if u have a younger sibling u an appreciate them much more

theres 4 of you? so if that a 20 or so years gap between the youngest and eldest?
i think you do when their younger, having such a gap means that i ve learnt quite a lot about having children from mum having her so recon its made me want kids more
Original post by yourfinalbreathx
My brother is 5
My oldest sister is 24

i stand corrected, 19 years is the biggest gap i ve ever heard of
I got 17 years with my younger brother 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
that is quite the gap for full siblings, was it a suprise for you when you knew you were going to have a sibling after being just you for so long?

Oh no. The title says biggest so i just mentioned the gap between one of my brothers. I have another younger brother and our age gap is just 5. I was a little surprised especially because i was away and i learnt about the pregnancy through a phone call. I felt odd when i first met him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
im 18 and theres 3 years between me and my little brother. he's going through the bad boy phase so wish he was older as he's an absolute nightmare haha. theres 13 years between me and my little sister, i love that because i get to buy her things and take her to places like amusement parks and her little face lights up, don't think that would go down well with the little brother haha
Original post by pagorai
Oh no. The title says biggest so i just mentioned the gap between one of my brothers. I have another younger brother and our age gap is just 5. I was a little surprised especially because i was away and i learnt about the pregnancy through a phone call. I felt odd when i first met him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that would be a suprising way to find out. i got the corny bun in the oven joke way of telling me
9 years; eldest being 21 and youngest being 12
Are they full or half siblings out of interest?

Full siblings. My mother was about 40 when she had me.
Original post by JoshDawg
Full siblings. My mother was about 40 when she had me.

the same age my mother had my little sister then :smile:
4 years with my younger brother and 18 years with my baby sister. (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
6 years between me and my baby sis ^-^
Not much compared to some other posters but I still think of her as more of a daughter than a sister :smile:
I have a brother and a sister that are 13 years older than me.
Reply 76
Original post by phunky_fresh
My brother is 7 years younger than me. I wished the age gap was smaller when I was younger. I spent alot of my time babysitting him and I had to take my brother with me when I was out with friends. It was all good when he could stay home alone and now he's an adult, he does his own thing.

I agree, my little brother and I have a 8 year difference. He's of to Secondary School this year so nearly time for no more baby sitting :wink: .. I love him to bits though, I wouldn't have had it any other way.
Reply 77
Original post by Toussaint
About 10 minutes.

I assume you have a twin? (Correct me if I'm wrong lol).
that would be a suprising way to find out. i got the corny bun in the oven joke way of telling me

hahaha lol that sounds funny. What's your age gap?
I'm 17, and my oldest sister's 38. 21 years difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending