The Student Room Group

Someone tried to get access into my account but failed (but tried)

They tried 5 times but didn't try the last attempt as the system would have sent their IP address to my email. any thoughts why they might have done that? ( I already have my assumption)
(edited 8 years ago)
I use a forum (not this one) and apparently someone/something in Turkey tried to log into it (?).

Often these attempts are for misguided fun.
I've had that happen to my Gmail, except the person managed to guess the password. They are located in Finland.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I've had that happen to my Gmail, except the person managed to guess the password. They are located in Finland.

You can't of had a very good password if someone guessed it.
Original post by TimeWalker
I use a forum (not this one) and apparently someone/something in Turkey tried to log into it (?).

Often these attempts are for misguided fun.

I though you cannot trace the IP address to its location due to privacy reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mehrdad jafari
I though you cannot trace the IP address to its location due to privacy reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some forums (similar to facebook) have the add on which allows people to check their login history and locations.
Original post by Tony_LeaS
Some forums (similar to facebook) have the add on which allows people to check their login history and locations.

But the IP's from within the UK are blocked and only show locations in London

Posted from TSR Mobile
But the IP's from within the UK are blocked and only show locations in London

Posted from TSR Mobile

My bad then. For Facebook they normally just show a general location, for example if someone logged in from Woking, it'll just say Woking.
They managed to guess it??? What was it your name.or something??
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tony_LeaS
My bad then. For Facebook they normally just show a general location, for example if someone logged in from Woking, it'll just say Woking.

Yeah, true. Facebook and apple have a greater security services but TSR... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Keyhofi
You can't of had a very good password if someone guessed it.

My password wasn't even an actual word so I reckon it was spyware or something that was installed in my phone

It's really weird actually, like all my social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter) were hacked at the same time but from different locations, and they all had different passwords.
Original post by Little Popcorns
They managed to guess it??? :

I got an email saying that a new device mananged to log onto my account so probably.
I got an email saying that a new device mananged to log onto my account so probably.

Holy crap, it wasn't that they guessed your password, they knew it

Posted from TSR Mobile
creepy as
Holy crap, it wasn't that they guessed your password, they knew it
Posted from TSR Mobile

To complicate the matter even more, I got a phone call on the same day from a really weird number and they were telling me my.name and address and everything and asked me to confirm if it was all correct :emo: I said no ofc

If someone steals my identity and kills me pls tell my parents I love them
To complicate the matter even more, I got a phone call on the same day from a really weird number and they were telling me my.name and address and everything and asked me to confirm if it was all correct :emo: I said no ofc

If someone steals my identity and kills me pls tell my parents I love them

That must have been scary. No problem, but would you tell us your name and address and everything they asked you so that we could get your message to your mum :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That must have been scary. No problem, but would you tell us your name and address and everything they asked you so that we could get your message to your mum :wink:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had enough stalkers in my time,not prepared for more :lol:

LOOOL ffs, it actually raises that question about if you passed away, how would people on social media know? :ninja:
My password wasn't even an actual word so I reckon it was spyware or something that was installed in my phone
It's really weird actually, like all my social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter) were hacked at the same time but from different locations, and they all had different passwords.

Oh, I see. Different locations but same time implies the use of a proxy by the hackers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending