The Student Room Group

World record for amount of friends lost in thirty seconds?

BASICALLY a couple of days ago I was out running in town when I passed my whole group of friends who had gone out without inviting me.
It's not the first time they've done it so I was pretty miffed but when they saw me I brushed it off and ran home.
What really irritated me was the fact that they knew my parents were away so I wouldn't have been able to travel to see anyone and I would have really appreciated seeing my friends after two weeks of seeing nobody (and not seeing them for five weeks). Even the night before, I told one of them I missed her and she replied the same back knowing that she'd be in town the next day which was quite a backstab.

I feel awful for wasting my final year of school thinking I'd found my perfect friend group - when I told one of them I was irritated that they'd gone behind my back again, she passed the blame onto someone else who did the same thing.

So the question is, two of them are going to the same uni as me, should I forgive all ten of them again (for the 6th time) to avoid any hard feelings from the two going to uni? Or should I just completely leave it and ignore them because they're hardly friends and hardly ever were in the first place? I'm quite set on the second idea but would like to hear other opinions.

I've actually been left with a grand total of about two friends now however I'm kicking myself for ever sharing things with these guys. I was so blinded by the need to have a "friend group" (even though I spent most of my time studying) that I never noticed how rubbish they were.
No point in having fake friends, just wait till Uni, you can make new friends because you will all be in the same position, and everyone will want to make friends.

All they're going to do is backstab you again, and you don't want to feel like how you feel now in Uni. If they say sorry, say OK, but steer clear of them, just try and tough it out till Uni.
Better to have no friends than fake ones
I think you should leave them and move on entirely. Make new friends; don't rely on them. You can do better!
Reply 4
Should I fb unfriend or nah? I'm debating it.
Reply 5
its good that you're going to uni, the social world is open for you. you can make tons of mates
No need to make a drama out of it, just leave them be. Let them go, you'll find new friends at uni soon anyways.
Reply 7
I'd say go to uni with an open mind and try to make some better friends, as others have said there's no point having fake friends. Thats what I'll probably do, I'm not too keen on my current friends either ha

As for unfriending them on fb I wouldn't bother, being a fb friend doesn't really mean anything and they might just take as a reason to hate you which won't be good if you have to go to uni with them, especially if you're going to be in nearby accomodation.
Sorry to hear this :frown:

Let go. You're worth more than fake friends. It's better to be solo or to have one or two good friends than a hundred false ones who treat you like crap and leave you out like that. You're also going to uni, soon- as people have pointed out, people will be in the same place and eager to make new friends, so use this as an opportunity to make new friends.

Good luck! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending