The Student Room Group

Am I allowed to be annoyed?

Okay so two of my close friends that I am used to seeing a lot of (at least one of them every day) have recently become involved in a relationship with eachother, they are both a good match for each other and I'm happy for them, but they seem to be being weird with me and I don't know if I'm allowed to be annoyed:

1. So, the main thing is, that I don't see them much anymore. This week alone they've spent 5 days together without including me, and the majority of times they haven't even told me they were together until afterwards, saying things to me like sorry I'm busy or going to sleep :confused:

2. When they are together, they don't talk to me at all, which is fine but when it's me and one of them, they spend the whole time texting the other one which is really starting to get quite offensive... or am I just being dramatic...

3. I went out the other night with some other friends and I ended up getting in a bad way but I wont go into details. I told these friends that at the time and they just ignored me until the end of the next day, when they said they were with eachother for the whole day?

It just feels like they're not thinking about my feelings anymore and have turned into pretty bad friends, but I don't know... :frown: any opinions?
Reply 1
for 3, what I mean is that I was expecting them to ask me if I was alright or show something you know? Like there was just no worry from them whatsoever :confused:
Reply 2
Well you can't be the 3rd wheel, they want to spend some time alone together.
Original post by Anonymous
Noone cares, why don't you cry ur rich kid problems to a doctor of some sort.

If you're going to be mean, at least be brave enough to put your name to it.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
If you're going to be mean, at least be brave enough to put your name to it.

Go look at your mums night stand. I left a cheque with my name on it, tell her that i think i lost my ring in her vagina.
Reply 5
Original post by Taelii
Well you can't be the 3rd wheel, they want to spend some time alone together.

Nono I know that, I'm talking about time with them as friends, not like a weird triangle of lovemaking, just feels like they've stopped being the friends they were
Go look at your mums night stand. I left a cheque with my name on it, tell her that i think i lost my ring in her vagina.

Oh to be 15 again.

OP, it sounds like they're pretty crappy friends, even allowing for the situation. Move on and make new friends.
Reply 7
Original post by User1214833
Oh to be 15 again.

OP, it sounds like they're pretty crappy friends, even allowing for the situation. Move on and make new friends.

This is what I thought... Thanks for your honesty, I love them a lot so it does suck but you're right
Reply 8
This is what I thought... Thanks for your honesty, I love them a lot so it does suck but you're right

I feel sorry for you if they split up, you'd be in a terrible position. I know it sounds bad but if they do break up you'd get an unreal amount of attention from them both because they'd both try and win the break up.
Of course you are allowed to be annoyed, and I know exactly what you're going through (this has happened with a few of my friends). It can be really annoying when friends who are dating are still in the 'honeymoon' phase. You need to talk to them about this, and maybe organise some one-on-one time with each of them.
Original post by Taelii
I feel sorry for you if they split up, you'd be in a terrible position. I know it sounds bad but if they do break up you'd get an unreal amount of attention from them both because they'd both try and win the break up.

Spending more time with each other is normal, but as is being a bit awkward I suppose. Ignoring your friend when they're in trouble sounds pretty scuzzy though. The OP deserves better.
Okay so two of my close friends that I am used to seeing a lot of (at least one of them every day) have recently become involved in a relationship with eachother, they are both a good match for each other and I'm happy for them, but they seem to be being weird with me and I don't know if I'm allowed to be annoyed:

1. So, the main thing is, that I don't see them much anymore. This week alone they've spent 5 days together without including me, and the majority of times they haven't even told me they were together until afterwards, saying things to me like sorry I'm busy or going to sleep :confused:

2. When they are together, they don't talk to me at all, which is fine but when it's me and one of them, they spend the whole time texting the other one which is really starting to get quite offensive... or am I just being dramatic...

3. I went out the other night with some other friends and I ended up getting in a bad way but I wont go into details. I told these friends that at the time and they just ignored me until the end of the next day, when they said they were with eachother for the whole day?

It just feels like they're not thinking about my feelings anymore and have turned into pretty bad friends, but I don't know... :frown: any opinions?

I completely understand, and its okay to feel the way that you do. Point two is something that i could imagine being really irritating. Although people can get very excited, its not fair to be inconsiderate/insensitive towards you, which is what i think theyre doing. Im sure they dont intend to leave you out- but people often are so wrapped up in their own happiness that they forget to consider those closest to them.
What do you want to do to resolve this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending