The Student Room Group

Can I visit a uni that's not on an open day?

Scroll to see replies

I just turn up on random days to unis to avoid the lies most unis make to sell it to you. I've been to actual open days just to talk to lecturers, but the security in most buildings is v bad and you can just wonder in and take a tour for yourself :tongue: I've done that for Kent, Cardiff, UEA and Swansea :smile:
i snuck in man met, but if you seek in it can be classed as trespassing, it lets you see what the uni is really like, its actually really fun ahah
UCL have an open day in September but there's a waiting list now, should I just go to the day anyway? All the other uni open days I've been to, they didnt check my ticket
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
UCL have an open day in September but there's a waiting list now, should I just go to the day anyway? All the other uni open days I've been to, they didnt check my ticket

Yes, this usually okay but you should book ahead for Open Days if you can. If you want to do specific events, presentations etc, then just ask at the registration desk to see if there is an on-the-day space.
Reply 25
The unis that I will be looking at for adjustment would be the University of Exeter or the University of Leeds.... do you guys think I would be able to visit them this summer... even though it is a little late and way past open day period? I don't want to travel all the way there from London and find out the buildings are all locked?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending