The Student Room Group

OASC lists (worth a look)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
I think it's the same as when people say prawns (for example) don't agree with them, not that he didn't agree with the results...

Murray - it is perfectly possible to have another shot. Aptitudes can be improved! Anyway, whatever you do in the future, best of luck.
Hi - I'm going to be there on 27th Sept.
August 2009
25 - Jimbo715

September 2009
1 - MattNorman
13 - powell_uk
27 - racheldesmond
Reply 783
August 2009
25 - Jimbo715

September 2009
1 - MattNorman
13 - powell_uk
29 - Muckie
27 - Olej24, racheldesmond

October 2009
18 - Danny_FXE

November 2009
10 - Zoot, dt87
I'm on September 20th
Reply 785
August 2009
25 - Jimbo715

September 2009
1 - MattNorman
13 - powell_uk
20 - Ross Bluebird
29 - Muckie
27 - Olej24, racheldesmond

October 2009
18 - Danny_FXE

November 2009
10 - Zoot, dt87
Reply 786
Hey all.

Have read a lot of the thread and have to say you all seem very helpful which is why I feel I can ask this question.
When exactly would you be asked to attend OASC if you are just starting your degree and applying for a RAF scholarship?
What I mean is would it be this year or perhaps closer to the end of my degree?
Reply 787
tom_h19
Hey all.

Have read a lot of the thread and have to say you all seem very helpful which is why I feel I can ask this question.
When exactly would you be asked to attend OASC if you are just starting your degree and applying for a RAF scholarship?
What I mean is would it be this year or perhaps closer to the end of my degree?

They would assume you want your scholarship for as long as possible, and would therefore invite you to OASC - if indeed you met the standards required at the AFCO - as soon as there was a vacancy. Nine times out of ten, that would be well inside a year.

If you begin your application now, informing the AFCO that you're about to start at university and wish to apply for a university scholarship, an educated guess would be that you could attend OASC sometime in the new year, assuming you wanted to.

You'd be invited to the AFCO for a P2 Presentation, and then for a Filter interview. You can, in theory, delay that as long as you want [though I believe you have to have been to a P2 Pres within the last 6 months prior to having a filter interview].
Reply 788
Thanks for the info.
So 'if' I was accepted onto the scholarship and 'if' I went to OASC and passed then I would be put on a waiting list and guaranteed a place once my degree had finished?
Reply 789
As far as I'm aware that would be the procedure yes. I'm doing the same as you, but I've already been to OASC and I am due to start uni in October.
Reply 790
Ah cool, looks like I'm going the right way about it then :smile:
Apart from missing applying for it for my first year of university :frown:
Thanks for all the help.
Reply 791
tom_h19
Ah cool, looks like I'm going the right way about it then :smile:
Apart from missing applying for it for my first year of university :frown:
Thanks for all the help.

No problem, good luck with it mate! :smile:
Reply 792
Echo 3 :smile:
Reply 793
eyes on
Echo 3 :smile:

Agh, I've completely forgot who you were, sorry mate! :confused:

You weren't in my syndicate were you?
Reply 794
Echo 4 ! haha
Reply 795
Erm... I think I know now haha! :biggrin:

You heard anything from them?
Reply 796
Yer I got a place on IOT 19 (provisionally!) - although im waiting on security clearance and a repeat blood test, that I should hopefully get the results for tomorrow! Fingers crossed on the blood test!
Reply 797
Woo! Congratulations mate, I'm made up for you! :biggrin:

Would be great it we all got in. I'm still awaiting mine; got a letter to say I'm in for further consideration though, but that's no surprise as I've only just got my A-Level results!
Reply 798
It would indeed. Hope you did well in your A levels, good luck and let me know the outcome :smile:
Reply 799
I got that letter too mate. They butter it up all nice don't they haha!! (I was Golf 3 haha)

Quick Reply

Latest