The Student Room Group

OASC lists (worth a look)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
It doesnt sound hopeful for applying later this year, but no other choice but to give it a bash!
Seemed a bit of a waste to me. Apparently there was a small group the week before our group. Why not save the staff hours and group them together?! No one even turned up for our after dinner "briefing" regarding what was going to happen the next day. We pretty much had to work everything out ourselves, times, where to go etc.

Was waiting at OASC reception for 10 minutes when I arrived before wandering into the candidates mess to try and find somebody. The place was deserted! Came across a woman busy chatting to the chef making dinner, and when I asked her for my room key she said she would be out right away. 10 minutes later I went back in and she was still flirting away!

Being the only girl in that accomodation block was pretty scary I must say.

Now I have to figure out how I claim my mileage expenses back!
Reply 1182
Anyone going on 17th May?
i just had another filter interview regarding adding both ATC officer and ABM to my application, and i was successful :biggrin:

so now, when it happens, i'll be going to oasc phase 2 with 3 / 4 potential applications instead of one

buzzing at the moment
Reply 1184
Going to OASC on 3rd July for Welbeck DSFC selection. Anyone else going?
going to oasc for phase 2 at cranwell on july 19th, got my date through the post the other day
Reply 1186
Original post by YamahaMX

im on the same one as you :smile:
Reply 1187
Original post by YamahaMX

I'm going in July, sometime. yet to pick my dates, but I'm also applying for Welbeck ^_^ Might pick the 1st or 3rd if I don't get a work placement with Brize...
Reply 1188
No one seems to use these lists anymore :frown:

Anyone 13th May?
Original post by ashli_x

Anyone 13th May?

It's because hardly anyone's going to OASC these days!
Reply 1190
8th May
Reply 1191
Original post by ashli_x

Anyone 13th May?

What are you going for?

ATC for me Can't believe its so close!! :biggrin:
Reply 1192
Logistics. Are you next Sunday too?
Reply 1193
No this tuesday....panic not quite kicked in...Prob will as I arrive there!!
Reply 1194
Best of look MosM! Let us know how you get on!
Reply 1195
Hello, after spending so long preparing for OASC I guess it was inevitable that you are going to hit a mini dip of emotions when its over no matter what happens....

I really enjoyed my time there, 18 to start, 4 sent home day 2 and 4 more failed at the fitness...mainly due to press ups - make sure you practice full ones and go low!! Think that shocked most of us.

I think it went well, got a letter yesterday saying I had been put on a list that will be reviewed in 3 months! Taking that as a positive for now as its not a No and I believe the next available IOT course starts in Oct and they will need to confirm requirements of trades nearer the time, plus still more going through OASC.

Time to enjoy the summer!!

Good luck to anyone attending soon.
Original post by MosM
Hello, after spending so long preparing for OASC I guess it was inevitable that you are going to hit a mini dip of emotions when its over no matter what happens....

I hated that feeling. As I'm sure was the same with you, I had spent at the very least an hour of every day (usually more) for the previous 6 months getting everything ready for OASC, and then when it was over it was just, "Oh....well, what do I do now?"

All the selection staff need to do is put fireworks on the final night and set up an all-night bender in the mess....just an idea....

Anyway, I digress. Very well done Mos, here's hoping it's good news in 3 months!
Reply 1197
Anyone down for CBAT on 5th and 6th of August?
Anyone on here going to Cranwell for CBAT on the 6th-7th Sep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0902
Anyone on here going to Cranwell for CBAT on the 6th-7th Sep?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just got confirmation of CBAT on 6th-7th Sep

Quick Reply

Latest