The Student Room Group

How to make party friendly for non-drinkers?

Hello fellow party goers,

I am hosting a party in a few weeks where there will be a lot of drinking games, a lot of drink and in general a lot of alcohol-related fun times. However, I have a few friends coming along who either don't drink or drink minimally, and whilst it'll be quite the booze up I don't want them to feel too excluded. So, I was wondering if anyone who doesn't drink or has had similar problems would chip in as to how to make them feel included? Like alternatives for them in drinking games bar taking shots, activities to keep non-drinkers and drinkers alike occupied, etc. and so forth! I want everyone to have fun and that doesn't mean I want my more sober friends to be looking after the less responsible ones all night, cause that doesn't make for a good time in anyone's book!

Thanks for your help! :smile:
When I go somewhere drinking games happen (which is rare because we're socially awkward nerds) I just take part but drink something non-alcoholic. If it's a situation where you all have to add something to a cup and then the loser drinks it, I would nominate someone to drink for me.

And seriously, if something can only be fun when drunk, it's not really fun at all.
You could get them to drink like espresso shots or something. Or just something non-alcoholic.
Reply 3
Get them to drink extreme lime juice. They will get sour shocks from it.
Original post by EXTREMEninja
You could get them to drink like espresso shots or something. Or just something non-alcoholic.

Original post by SmallTownGirl
When I go somewhere drinking games happen (which is rare because we're socially awkward nerds) I just take part but drink something non-alcoholic. If it's a situation where you all have to add something to a cup and then the loser drinks it, I would nominate someone to drink for me.

And seriously, if something can only be fun when drunk, it's not really fun at all.

Original post by Rearch
Get them to drink extreme lime juice. They will get sour shocks from it.

Thanks guys, these are all great ideas! :smile:
Reply 5
You could get cards against humanity or they could have to eat a war head / toxic waste instead of drink

Posted from TSR Mobile
Put dance music on lol. dont need to be drunk to mess around and dance.

Quick Reply

Latest