The Student Room Group

University of Worcester or Bedfordshire University?

Overall, which uni would you go to study Journalism at?
A good start would be to research both of the universities on social media, this is something I've always done to get a taste of what the experience at each uni is like.

Following this, to learn what is 'Statistically Better' (Which has a plethora of faults in doing so but, is useful nonetheless)

Worcester - https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subjects/overview/10007139FT-JOURSHO/ReturnTo/Search

Bed - http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/Subjects/Overview/10007152FT-BAJOPADF/ReturnTo/Search

There are significant statistical differences in satisfaction there but of course this could be down to a number of reasons such as someone having a bad day and blaming it on the institution or one of the uni's pushing students towards leaving a positive rating on the university, it all depends but you should look into it nonetheless.

There are much more things to factor in to make your decision, where are the uni's in location to yourself? (Do you wan't to travel further or closer from home). What about each of the institutions entry requirements? Do you meet them comfortably? What about the accommodation? Which do you prefer? What do your friends and family think about each respective university?

There are a lot of things you should be asking yourself rather than which one is subjectively better, because students of each university only have the experience of the university they are currently enrolled in (For the most part) and are obviously therefore biased.

Just do some research on each, ask some questions and eventually you'll draw yourself towards one or the other, or only one may make an offer. The easiest way of course to get an answer is to attend both of the university on their open days and speak to the tutors of the course, this will enlighten you as to what the course and experience will be like at the uni; If you can't do this, email the head of the department and they can direct you to the right place to learn some more.

Best of luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
I think that the best way to tell if you want to go to that university or not is to visit it in session and speak to people.

I study at the University of Worcester and it addressed my needs much better than other universities and I very much enjoy it here. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending