The Student Room Group

Irish Medical Schools any chance?

I am a Canadian student who wants to apply to NUI Galway for the 6 year medical program however I feel my marks are sort of low to apply. Math 88%Chemistry 77%Biology 86%English 70%Can I apply to Galway and get in or do I have to try another Irish college. If so which ones?
Original post by medinterest29
I am a Canadian student who wants to apply to NUI Galway for the 6 year medical program however I feel my marks are sort of low to apply. Math 88%Chemistry 77%Biology 86%English 70%Can I apply to Galway and get in or do I have to try another Irish college. If so which ones?

What sort of exams were those - AP/A-level/IB?
Have you contacted them directly to ask about their entry requirements for Canadian students? This is the only way you are going to get a definitive answer.
Original post by theresheglows
What sort of exams were those - AP/A-level/IB?
Have you contacted them directly to ask about their entry requirements for Canadian students? This is the only way you are going to get a definitive answer.

I am going to apply for the six year program so the IB AP examinations aren't required but I just wanted to know if I have any chance of getting in. I am not sure if NUI is the right choice because not many students choose that school and I am not really sure about it thats what I was wondering if I had any chances of getting in
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by medinterest29
I am going to apply for the six year program so the IB AP examinations aren't required but I just wanted to know if I have any chance of getting in. I am not sure if NUI is the right choice because not many students choose that school and I am not really sure about it thats what I was wondering if I had any chances of getting in

Right, but what exams have you taken to get those percentages that you mentioned in your original post?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending