The Student Room Group

What A-Level do you regret taking the most?

Scroll to see replies

Physics. It did not make sense to me. It is even harder than chemistry imo
The exams i did were so weird and i know i flopped physics
Original post by toonervoustotalk

I see negativity from you regarding physics everyday 😂😂😂

did you do AS or A2
Original post by vd12345
I see negativity from you regarding physics everyday 😂😂😂

Haha that shows how much i regret it :redface:
Original post by Azhar Rana
did you do AS or A2

I did it at AS
Going to drop it after results day :smile:
Haha that shows how much i regret it :redface:

I did it at AS
Going to drop it after results day :smile:

LOL, I found A2 much easier than AS tbh!:colonhash:
LOL, I found A2 much easier than AS tbh!:colonhash:

Ok
Lets hope i find it the same!!!
Ok
Lets hope i find it the same!!!

I have found A2 to be more straight forward plus its more interesting not booring like AS but its more lengthier other wise i really enjoyed it :smile:
I have found A2 to be more straight forward plus its more interesting not booring like AS but its more lengthier othere wise i really enjoyed it :smile:

Ok fair enough. I have started studying A2 at home and i also enjoy it more than at AS as get to know why these things happen and not that it happens :smile:
Ok fair enough. I have started studying A2 at home and i also enjoy it more than at AS as get to know why these things happen and not that it happens :smile:

Exactly! Do read the application booklet for physics, it might be confusing at starting. But nevertheless A2 is much more realistic and enjoyable :u:
Exactly! Do read the application booklet for physics, it might be confusing at starting. But nevertheless A2 is much more realistic and enjoyable :u:

Ok :redface:
Yeah it really does :biggrin:
Reply 50
Original post by VannR
I took Maths, Further Maths and Philosophy; I have no regrets whatsoever.

Would you mind telling me how you found A2 Further Maths? I am taking AS Further Maths and everyone I have spoken to says that the A2 is considerably harder than the AS. Why is this? (Also, did you take Maths at university?)

Same here, Chemistry was so much easier for me than Physics was. I want to drop Physics but I might keep it as people say the A2 is better :smile:
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Same here, Chemistry was so much easier for me than Physics was. I want to drop Physics but I might keep it as people say the A2 is better :smile:

Ok fair enough
I saw the A2 spec for OCR A physics and it looks so cool as they learn about space but i think i will drop it anyway :smile:
All of them. Should have gone to college and done a BTEC instead.
Reply 54
government and politics :/
Reply 55
Chemistry - you know when you're just REALLY crap at something and there's nothing you can do about it? Can't wait to drop it, am praying for an E (please don't fail me, OCR) :tongue:

I'd always imagined Maths would be the worst, but apparently not...!
Maths. Too bloody difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnonPosters
I regretted ever taking chemistry. Worst subject ever!

Oh my God....what did you get at GCSE? was there a lot of maths involved? would you recommend a tutor? I am freaking out right now.
Reply 58
For me it would have to be OCR ICT. I also took Computing, Physics and Maths, and want to study Computer Science at University. The coursework for ICT took up pretty much all of my time, even though I am predicted 90%. The theory was also very dull to learn, and difficult to remember because of how dull it was. ICT also has no relevance to Computer Science at any of the Universities I want to apply to; I should have taken Further Maths instead. I probably will pick up the AS Further Maths next year alongside A2s in Computing, Maths and Physics.

I've picked this for A Levels because apparently I need it for medicine. What did you get at GCSE? How complicated was the maths involved and would you recommend a tutor? I really don't like a lot of Physics, I'm literally being forced to do it omg.

Quick Reply

Latest