The Student Room Group

Post a wild prediction for 15/16 season

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by sr90
Totally not stolen from Wilf's thread last year

Fabian Delph will start less than 5 league games

One of Troy Deeney or Callum Wilson will score 12 goals and be linked with a £15m move to Liverpool

Harry Kane will flop. Less than 10 goals.

Arsenal will win their round of 16 CL tie

Daniel Sturridge misses the whole season through injury

Patrick Bamford will score more goals than Falcao

Aston Villa will get relegated

Manuel Pellegrini won't survive the season

Manchester United will struggle to find their best XI/formation all season and scrape 4th again

I wouldn't call Kane flopping a wild prediction. In fact I'd say it's reasonably well expected that he will fall back.Its just a matter of by how much. Personally,I'm not even considering him in my top goal scorer portfolio.*

* Though as a Spurs fan I won't mind if he proves me wrong

As for Villa being relegated ,at the start of the season I read EVERYTHING I can find and Villa have been almost unanimously tipped to either be relegated or to come 17th.

Funnily enough the only person to tip Villa to do well is Didier Hamann in today's Racing Post and he is the worst tipster I've ever encountered!

I've no idea how he has that job.No idea at all.

Bloody hell,I've just read all these predictions and the only one that's close to being 'wild' is the Sturridge one,lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 81
Oh,wait a minute,those were last seasons tips?:confused:
Reply 82
Original post by joey11223
Bournemouth top half finish.

Curse of Big Sam, West Ham finish 2nd to bottom, Villa bottom.

Rooney top goal scorer by 3+ goals margin

Sturridge comes out as gay, past girlfriends due to not being able to deal with sexuality and strong Christian believes.

Chelsea to finish 4th

Really like this.
Not least because there's a fair chance one of those will actually occur.This is looking like being the most fascinating Premiership for many years and pretty much the only certainties are Liverpool and Spurs to fill the 5th and 6th positions.
Original post by moggis
fair chance .

Hmm Chelsea 4th tho, or Sturridge?
Reply 84
Harry Kane to win PFA, Writers and young player of the year and the golden boot

Posted from TSR Mobile
City will finish 5th behind Liverpool in 4th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Patrick Bamford to make the Euros squad.
Phil Jones will finally have his breakthrough season and won't get injured every 5 games
Deeney to win top scorer.
Reply 89
LVG to decide Mata is a left wing back
Liverpool will pip City to a PL spot.

Original post by sr90
Phil Jones will finally have his breakthrough season and won't get injured every 5 games

Lol u wish m8
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Deeney to win top scorer.

I'll go one further and say Deeney for Euro 2016 squad. Grant Holt nearly made the last one.

If we assume Sturridge and Carroll will both be injured we have Rooney, Welbeck and Kane. Which leaves Berahino, Austin (who may be playing in the Championship), Ings (who won't be playing regular football) and Deeney to fight over the last spot.
Original post by difeo
LVG to decide Mata is a left wing back

As long as he doesn't play Rooney on the wing I don't care :jester:
Original post by sr90
I'll go one further and say Deeney for Euro 2016 squad. Grant Holt nearly made the last one.

If we assume Sturridge and Carroll will both be injured we have Rooney, Welbeck and Kane. Which leaves Berahino, Austin (who may be playing in the Championship), Ings (who won't be playing regular football) and Deeney to fight over the last spot.

Some of the names mentioned shouldn't be near the England team...
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Some of the names mentioned shouldn't be near the England team...

Well the team isn't exactly stacked with quality options to pick from is it?
Original post by sr90
Well the team isn't exactly stacked with quality options to pick from is it?

Sadly that's the state of the English game these days.
Reply 96
Aguero to outscore Villa
Ighalo to score 15+
Original post by sr90

Berahino will be going. He is quality.

Wanted us to sign him when we sold Benteke.
We will be signing Ritchie or Cook for 12 million at the end of the season
(edited 8 years ago)
United will take a big **** on every other team. LOL jk, I think they'll start off crappy again and take some time to get into their stride but maybe finish 2nd this season.

Quick Reply

Latest