The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Best accommodation at Bangor?

Hey,

Bangor University is my insurance choice, and I've been trying to decide on accommodation in case I go there. In your opinion, what's the best Hall/Village, in terms of room/ensuite size, social life etc?

(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
All the halls are similar on Ffriddoedd site - it's where most of the students go :smile: You have some that are a bit older (Borth, Glyder, Elidir & Cefn y Coed) and the other were built more recently, so depends on how nice you want it to be really, but I was in one of the older ones, and they were fine - nicer than my friends' accommodation in other unis by far!! Can't comment on St Mary's sorry - not seen it yet, but they're brand new so they're bound to be nice, with a nice price too I would've thought
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nionnyn
All the halls are similar on Ffriddoedd site - it's where most of the students go :smile: You have some that are a bit older (Borth, Glyder, Elidir & Cefn y Coed) and the other were built more recently, so depends on how nice you want it to be really, but I was in one of the older ones, and they were fine - nicer than my friends' accommodation in other unis by far!! Can't comment on St Mary's sorry - not seen it yet, but they're brand new so they're bound to be nice, with a nice price too I would've thought

Thanks, this was really helpful :smile: I'm surprised most have chosen the older accommodation! Do you know which halls at the Ffriddoedd site have those big L shaped desks? In some pictures they only have a small desk :redface: Oh, and are we allowed fairy lights and posters? Thanks and sorry for all the questions!
Original post by *-*.
Hey,

Bangor University is my insurance choice, and I've been trying to decide on accommodation in case I go there. In your opinion, what's the best Hall/Village, in terms of room/ensuite size, social life etc?

IMO Ffridd. It's close to everything.
Reply 4
The old ones (cefn y coed and them) have the small desks, and the new ones on Ffriddoedd (Enlli etc) have the bigger desks :smile: yeah, you can have them there :smile: in fact, there's a poster sale on every year during freshers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Nionnyn
The old ones (cefn y coed and them) have the small desks, and the new ones on Ffriddoedd (Enlli etc) have the bigger desks :smile: yeah, you can have them there :smile: in fact, there's a poster sale on every year during freshers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok :smile: So glad I can bring my fairy lights and posters hehe. Thanks for your help!
Reply 6
I have a room available on st marys site to give. Its brand new halls that have just been constructed 4ft bed. Fully furnished and its only 107 pounds a week
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by *-*.
Hey,

I have a room in the new St Mary's village in Bangor and unfortunately I won't be able to use it so I'm looking for a first year that would be willing to take over the room. I have already paid the 300 deposit and I am not looking for it back.
Reply 8
Original post by Becawilliams
I have a room in the new St Mary's village in Bangor and unfortunately I won't be able to use it so I'm looking for a first year that would be willing to take over the room. I have already paid the 300 deposit and I am not looking for it back.

I see, is it on-suite? :smile:
You're going to university in Thailand?
Nice
Come Y Borth mate you won't regret it
Hi All,

Firstly, good luck to everyone on your A-Level results, today!

Just want to mention that Neaudd Willis House has now become part of the Prodigy Living family.
If you have already booked, then please be reassured that your booking is still secure!

If anyone has any questions, then please feel free to get in touch - our email address is [email protected]. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by theo1jinx
Come Y Borth mate you won't regret it

Is that one of the new or old halls?
Original post by *-*.
Is that one of the new or old halls?

It's the new halls I have
Reply 14
It's the new halls I have

Ah lovely :smile:Is it en suite? And does it have one of the large 'L' shape desks with the shelving unit above? I'm going to be doing History so I need the room for the mountain of books I'm going to need hehe :smile:
Its is ensuite... I wouldnt know about thes desk as i have not been in there as it only has just been built ... If you wanted more in information then you could ring the accomidation phone number... If you are intrested please can i have some details of you like name and email address as i will need to contact the accomidation center to let them know someone is intrested in my halls
Reply 16
Its is ensuite... I wouldnt know about thes desk as i have not been in there as it only has just been built ... If you wanted more in information then you could ring the accomidation phone number... If you are intrested please can i have some details of you like name and email address as i will need to contact the accomidation center to let them know someone is intrested in my halls

Sure, I'll PM you :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by *-*.
I see, is it on-suite? :smile:

No its not on-suite its a shared bathroom with 1 other but your room is your own but for 107 a week its worth sharing
Reply 18
is your room still available?
Reply 19

is your room still available?

Quick Reply

Latest