The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
What happened with you?

I turned up to sports day not in uniform, she had a go at me for it and said I called her a Paki (I didn't). My word vs hers and they believed her.

Some **** in sixth form took a screen shot of me verbally abusing my sixth form tutor on my private twitter account and sent it to the headteacher (who ironically was also a diehard lesbian) and i got excluded leading up to my A2 exams. Managed to revise all the subjects and now I'm in uni. The headteacher was like "you wont amount to anything after this". Proved that hooch-muncher wrong and I'm in uni with a 2:1.
My class teacher when I was younger who told me I'd never get anywhere, never get a GCSE in Maths or do A-Levels...

I got an A in GCSE Maths and am now awaiting AS Results!!
Reply 102
Original post by ChemicalBond
Ah Lord, there were a few. I went to an awful academy for Years 7 to 11 where something like 23% of the people got 5A*-C in my year group... I've narrowed it down to the absolute worst of the worst.

- My year 10 physics teacher. He taught us completely the wrong modules, then wondered why the majority of us ended up with E's and D's in the modules. He told me I was useless, but then I taught myself and got A's and A*'s in the modules (the only one in the class to do so) when they were resat. He took the credit, and shouted at the class "if she can do it, so can you". Stupid onion head. :unimpressed: He left after year 10 results day. I was the only one in my year to get an A in physics, and that's because I self taught after our chemistry teacher had to teach us physics as well in Year 11.

- OCR Nationals ICT teacher for Year 10 and 11. Grrr. I'd got Distinctions and Merits in Year 9 with a fantastic teacher, but we got lumbered with this useless thing and he lost our coursework. Would never help us, would just sit at his desk eating donuts and screenshotting our activities. I became very pissed off with him once...He basically told me in front of the whole class as we were walking out, "you're one of those people who can't afford to get fewer than two GCSE's in ICT to get the 5A*-C". Luckily, someone stuck up for me, saying "but she's an A* student who's also doing her A level chemistry". He looked at me in disbelief as I just shook my head at him and walked out. Imagine his face when he opened the paper after GCSE results to see I'd come out top of the year.

- Year 10 English teacher. Lovely, funny woman, but couldn't teach or control our class.

- PE teacher. My GP became fed up with having to write letters to her as she wouldn't believe I wasn't able to do it. :unimpressed:

- The deputy and assistant head principles and the heads of sixth form. Without my consultation, they decided I had to leave the school on the day I'd enrolled at their sixth form because I was apparently "too bright" for them, and they thought they'd be "letting me down". This resulted in me having to transfer to a school I never wanted to go to, to do subjects I never wanted to do, and my already low confidence sunk even lower for a whole two years and I didn't do anywhere near as good in my A levels as I should have done had I believed in myself (I still did well, but not as good as I wanted). I would have complained, but my brother went to that school and I didn't want to make things awkward for him. When he was applying for sixth form, he didn't apply to theirs, and they kept trying to persuade him to stay. He turned around and said, "After what you did to my sister? No way, not happening".

Oh my... never heard of anyone falling into misfortune because of being too smart. That must be absolute Sh*t! Hope you're well now
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Some **** in sixth form took a screen shot of me verbally abusing my sixth form tutor on my private twitter account and sent it to the headteacher (who ironically was also a diehard lesbian) and i got excluded leading up to my A2 exams. Managed to revise all the subjects and now I'm in uni. The headteacher was like "you wont amount to anything after this". Proved that hooch-muncher wrong and I'm in uni with a 2:1.

What was ironic about her sexuality?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The way your wrote this anecdote is hilarious! I do feel sorry for you! Had the exam same problem with a History teacher. But it was about Fascism in Italy and Napoleon. She'd always give me Ds and Cs for saying it was down to other factors, rather than prasing her ideas and theories!

She told our class (at this point I dropped History in April just before the exam cause I hated her so much) not to revise Napoleon cause she said he wouldn't come up cause he's come up in the past 3 years... To the class' disadvantage, he came up and everyone failed so they had to retake that exam. Safe to say, half the class dropped the subject, whilst the others took the exam. Funny how, even though the other group didn't have her, they complained about a new History teacher, saying he's awful, but at least none of them had to retake!

By that point there were only 6 people in my history set, and I won't be surprised if we all fail the exam. Everyone is dreading results day. I hate that in just one year history possibly became my worst subject, and up until this point it was the subject I was best at. I want to study it at university regardless, because one bad teacher will not get rid of my passion for the subject. So far, I've spent most of my summer revising for the year 13 history modules, I'm willing to spend all of my free time to get an A next year, and I'm also mentally prepared for the resit. :biggrin:
Original post by Fleming1928
By that point there were only 6 people in my history set, and I won't be surprised if we all fail the exam. Everyone is dreading results day. I hate that in just one year history possibly became my worst subject, and up until this point it was the subject I was best at. I want to study it at university regardless, because one bad teacher will not get rid of my passion for the subject. So far, I've spent most of my summer revising for the year 13 history modules, I'm willing to spend all of my free time to get an A next year, and I'm also mentally prepared for the resit. :biggrin:

Good on you hun!

Do you know if you'll be having the same teachers?
My form teacher from year 7 to year 9 (she went on maternity leave and didn't want us to be her form) was known to cry in the middle of lessons.
My year 9 english teacher spent most of the lesson telling us how we were constantly being disruptive, how we would fail at english and life and that we should be disappointed in ourselves. (These lectures began 10 minutes into the lesson and continued until the end. Every day. And I'm doing english literature a level)
I also had a maths teacher from year 7-9 who made maths confusing and shouted at you if you worked out the maths anyway other than the way he said so, you would get detention and be on report
My English teacher! I worked really hard on an essay, sent it to her at midnight and she was like ' don't email me so late'.

Got an A in the essay, asked how I could get an A* and she said she'd kill me.

She Kept telling me ' Only students with flair get an A* in English. An A or B is good'

I Got a C in mock, and a B in coursework. I was so mad. I Worked so hard. Near exams, I didn't go to school and revised at home. Ended up with Full UMS and A*s in Lit and Lang GCSE!

Who's not got Flair now?!
(edited 8 years ago)
Good on you hun!

Do you know if you'll be having the same teachers?

The teacher I mentioned got 'fired' after about 3 months. We later got a really good teacher, unfortunately we still ran out of time to learn everything. The new teacher also left and in his place we got 2 new teachers. I think they will do a good job, but no one will ever be as good as the teacher I had for my GCSEs and the start of year 12.
Original post by Fleming1928
The teacher I mentioned got 'fired' after about 3 months. We later got a really good teacher, unfortunately we still ran out of time to learn everything. The new teacher also left and in his place we got 2 new teachers. I think they will do a good job, but no one will ever be as good as the teacher I had for my GCSEs and the start of year 12.

My drama teacher in high school filmed all our coursework but then it turned out she had never turned the camera on (I have no idea whether deliberately or not), so we had to do it all again and she left. My next drama teacher, after I came in in the holidays to try to salvage my grade left me waiting for hours then when she finally came up to me it was just to tell me to look after her kid then she went away again.

This isn't the worst thing ever but one of my A2 teachers' only teaching experience is teaching immigrants how to pass the UK citizenship test, and someone in my class said they saw him in town shouting, swearing and punching the air, and when they said hello said 'Where the **** are you? I'm gonna kill you'. Tbf though this may not be true, I wasn't there.
my spanish teacher- GCSE, I dropped Spanish because of her. her names mrs Blanchflower. she was just so annoying, couldn't even teach us.
One of my science teachers
He put me near the most annoying ppl and he knew that they would distract me.Then he asks me"Why haven't u finished ur work?"and then completely starts hating on me...

Spoiler

The worst teacher i ever had was my drama teacher in yr 8 & 9 because she favoured those who would act and make a fool of themselves and didn't understand the idea of 'shyness'
She would humiliate people in front of the class and get angry if you weren't confident.
I couldn't wait to drop drama and since then have become more confident than ever before!
Reply 113
Original post by Wirefox
The worst teacher i ever had was my drama teacher in yr 8 & 9 because she favoured those who would act and make a fool of themselves and didn't understand the idea of 'shyness'
She would humiliate people in front of the class and get angry if you weren't confident.
I couldn't wait to drop drama and since then have become more confident than ever before!

Every drama teacher I had was a right *****. I wonder if there is any correlation between being a drama teacher and being a ****.
In year 7-8 I had this teacher for both english and drama, she always complained about us being disruptive even though we weren't.
In year 8 My Maths teacher called my class retards...
Then in year 10-11 I had this science teacher and he was just terrible. Made us do pointless presentations regularly, couldn't teach and always made my class sit next to people we didn't like. People reported him and he got fired lmao

High school was the worst :/
Original post by alow
Every drama teacher I had was a right *****. I wonder if there is any correlation between being a drama teacher and being a ****.

There must be!!!
I think because they are usually really confident people they forget that others (especially teenagers) aren't!
I actually tried hard in drama but literally never got a good grade- even for written work we did!
I had one who seemed to really hate me he in the end just sent me out of class every lesson I had with him which was fine because I didn't want to be in the clasroom anyway
This is more the incompetence of the school than a bad teacher but in my first 3 years of school year 7-9 I was getting 80%-100% in class tests and mocks so I really should have been in to set for science but no in year 10 Was put in to foundation science getting 90%-100% in in class tests would they move me up would they hell. This was after being told inter 8 by the head of science I could have sat the exam and got at least a C that summer if they would let me.
Original post by Laurasaur
My psychology teacher told me that I was in love with my father, having annotated my work with the word 'penis'.

You do realise there is some truth in that statement about your father if you believe in the Electra Complex aka the girl version of the Oedipus Complex.
year 12 chemistry teacher...

We were doing AS stuff and she kept giving us A2/degree stuff. i dont think she was qualified either because mid way through the year she toook 3 weeks off for some teaching course.... WAH?

when she actually taught the AS stuff i learnt it pretty good but god damn it was annoying.
for example we do this thing called E-Z isomerism one lesson (AS), then she's like "here do this sheet for homework" on optical isomerism (A2) and in fact the questions she put on there had very wierd stuff (finding stereocenters of cyclic compounds and something about 2^n stereocenters with diastereomers) and it was flippin degree stuff!!!

shes teaching the current year 12's this year (we have a different organic chemistry teacher luckily). don't feel sorry for them though. despite all the hard work we put in, they're 100x smarter than us :l

Latest