The Student Room Group

Article: Seven things that will definitely happen on results day

GCSE and A level results days for 2015 are approaching fastand nobody can be certain about the grades that they will find when they opentheir envelope. However, there are some things that are guaranteed tohappen on results day. Read the article here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16759-Seven-things-that-will-definitely-happen-on-your-results-day
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Love this :smile:

It's all so true :shakecane:

Nice use of Pocahontas - she is a mega babe :love:
Reply 2
2016 here I come...
Reply 3
Sadly, I have to wait till 2016.
In addition, there will be photos in the papers of a) a group of students holding pieces of paper and jumping in the air, b) a pair of identical twins with all A*s, c) a student who has been rejected from Oxbridge and has got a gazillion A*s posed leaning on a pile of randomly collected together books and looking simultaneously outraged and smug. Even in this enlightened day and age, all of these will be pretty girls if the photographer can possibly manage it.
Reply 5
At my school:

there will also be a boy who says that Edexcel has miscalculated his Maths and Further Maths grades and he should have an A* in Further Maths. In fact the error is always that the boy cannot do basic arithmetic (at least on Results Day).

There will be a girl (probably several) who says 'I totally know that I failed Unit X; it was just so hard.' before opening her results and discovering she got full UMS and shrieking wildly whilst boys walk in, pick up their results, discover they have failed Unit X and walk away quietly.

The local paper will be as disappointed as usual that we're mostly a boys' school and our boys who do get 5 A*s are generally neither photogenic nor possess the co-ordination to jump and smile at the same time. They compromise on finding some better looking boys who look gobsmacked as their university has unaccountably let them in with BCD when their offer was BBB.

There is a parent who cannot accept that paying for a re-mark is not a guarantee that the grade will change to the one he or she desires for their son.

1. You will wake up from a results day dream/nightmare
Didn't for GCSEs, or AS's, and my sisters didn't for their A2's... not imagining I will either. Will confirm whether or not I do or don't after results!

2. You will have cameras shoved in your face by the local press
Unless my local press are planning to break and enter, this won't be happening!

3. People will remind you that Alan Sugar only has one GCSE
Almost, but it'll likely be reminding me about my parent's ****ty results rather than Alan Sugar's!

4. Older people will tell you that exams were harder in their day.
Granted - this is guaranteed to happen!

5. Someone will be disappointed, despite getting an ‘A’
Not planning to speak to anyone I know getting results on the day (or after), so I guess I'll never know!

6. Whether the results are good or bad: there will be tears
Getting my results at home, so probably, but thank god I don't have to see them do it!

7. It will be the end of an era
I know! THANK THE LORD!!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Compost
At my school:

there will also be a boy who says that Edexcel has miscalculated his Maths and Further Maths grades and he should have an A* in Further Maths. In fact the error is always that the boy cannot do basic arithmetic (at least on Results Day).

There will be a girl (probably several) who says 'I totally know that I failed Unit X; it was just so hard.' before opening her results and discovering she got full UMS and shrieking wildly whilst boys walk in, pick up their results, discover they have failed Unit X and walk away quietly.

The local paper will be as disappointed as usual that we're mostly a boys' school and our boys who do get 5 A*s are generally neither photogenic nor possess the co-ordination to jump and smile at the same time. They compromise on finding some better looking boys who look gobsmacked as their university has unaccountably let them in with BCD when their offer was BBB.

There is a parent who cannot accept that paying for a re-mark is not a guarantee that the grade will change to the one he or she desires for their son.

I think we work at the same school.....
Working 8:30-6:30 on results day, my college opens at 9, so I fortunately get to miss all the bull**** and just see my results online when I finish :biggrin:
What is this meant to be, a failed buzzfeed article? Absolutely awful.
Threads on TSR:

It's 00:01 on the 13th. Why hasn't Track gone live???!!!

At 7:30-9am about 50 threads along the lines of:
My Track hasn't changed???!!! What do I do?
Still CF with firm but insurance is unconditional! What does this mean?!

I don't want to go to my firm:cry:

I don't want to go to my insurance:cry:

At 8am:
Why can't I add a Clearing choice on Track?

At 5pm when the button appears for every UF applicant:
I hit the button to enter Adjustment by mistake! What should I do I don't want to lose my firm?!

At midday/5pm/the day after
My firm still hasn't updated Track - should I call them?
I see your diabolical plan to transition from forum to Buzzfeed is nearly complete.
@RK - Erm, isn't that link in the OP anyway?
Original post by mobbsy91
@RK - Erm, isn't that link in the OP anyway?
@RK

Don't worry - it's just me doing a few redirects that has made a couple of autoposts go a bit screwy. :smile:
Original post by PQ
Threads on TSR:

It's 00:01 on the 13th. Why hasn't Track gone live???!!!

At 7:30-9am about 50 threads along the lines of:
My Track hasn't changed???!!! What do I do?
Still CF with firm but insurance is unconditional! What does this mean?!

I don't want to go to my firm:cry:

I don't want to go to my insurance:cry:

At 8am:
Why can't I add a Clearing choice on Track?

At 5pm when the button appears for every UF applicant:
I hit the button to enter Adjustment by mistake! What should I do I don't want to lose my firm?!

At midday/5pm/the day after
My firm still hasn't updated Track - should I call them?

We've both been in this business too long....
Original post by shooks
@RK

Don't worry - it's just me doing a few redirects that has made a couple of autoposts go a bit screwy. :smile:

Ahh cool! Sounds like fun!
Just had a results day nightmare while on holiday. Reason why I'm here right now looking at AS level posts.
Wow, local press :cool:
I got my IB results at home, so it was a completely different story.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
In addition, there will be photos in the papers of a) a group of students holding pieces of paper and jumping in the air, b) a pair of identical twins with all A*s, c) a student who has been rejected from Oxbridge and has got a gazillion A*s posed leaning on a pile of randomly collected together books and looking simultaneously outraged and smug. Even in this enlightened day and age, all of these will be pretty girls if the photographer can possibly manage it.

This is so true, especially the last one (or a student who rejected Oxbridge (lol), aka new Elly Nowell :rolleyes:).
so on point- who came up with these!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending