The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University MSc Marketing

Hi guys,

I have been offered a place at Lancaster to study Marketing and I need help with he following before making my choice.

1) Money Money Money!
I've been offered a loan from Future Finance, I found it a bit suspect it all went through in about 15 minutes. If it's all legit and I get the loan I will still like to have to get some other rants or loans to supplement. I graduated in 2010 so I can't get any university grants, I've had a good look and not a lot is on offer so any suggestions would be helpful.

2) Any graduates of the course please tell me what your thoughts, what where the hours like, how many days, how was the course structured, staff and campus.

Many thanks
Reply 1
why you doing a masters?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by rastamouse2015
Hi guys,

I have been offered a place at Lancaster to study Marketing and I need help with he following before making my choice.

1) Money Money Money!
I've been offered a loan from Future Finance, I found it a bit suspect it all went through in about 15 minutes. If it's all legit and I get the loan I will still like to have to get some other rants or loans to supplement. I graduated in 2010 so I can't get any university grants, I've had a good look and not a lot is on offer so any suggestions would be helpful.

2) Any graduates of the course please tell me what your thoughts, what where the hours like, how many days, how was the course structured, staff and campus.

Many thanks

While I am sure I would sound biased saying that we are legitimate, I will say that if the speed is your concern, we make the loan offer based on the information you provide us, but we verify the information is correct only if you are happy to proceed.

If you are looking for potential additional sources of funding, you might try the funding search on http://targetpostgrad.com/

Thanks,
Darren
Reply 3
Hello OP,

Please be aware of the following before considering any funding from FutureFinance:

- The quoted APR rate is relatively high compared to other long-term loan offers. Your bank will almost certainly be able to provide a better interest rate.
- FutureFinance will charge you 6.5% of the total loan amount just to set it up. This is extremely high compared to most companies who have no setup charges.
- You can be charged £10 per letter if they need to contact you with regards to late repayments
- Should you run into financial difficulty; FutureFinance will pursue the loan from your guarantor. This could result in them being taken to court. Most other finance options do not require a guarantor and debt can be written off if you are struggling to repay it.

I strongly recommend you consider other financing options
Original post by Reue
Hello OP,

Please be aware of the following before considering any funding from FutureFinance:

- The quoted APR rate is relatively high compared to other long-term loan offers. Your bank will almost certainly be able to provide a better interest rate.
- FutureFinance will charge you 6.5% of the total loan amount just to set it up. This is extremely high compared to most companies who have no setup charges.
- You can be charged £10 per letter if they need to contact you with regards to late repayments
- Should you run into financial difficulty; FutureFinance will pursue the loan from your guarantor. This could result in them being taken to court. Most other finance options do not require a guarantor and debt can be written off if you are struggling to repay it.

I strongly recommend you consider other financing options

Indeed, if you can get a rate and repayment structure better suited to you from your bank, then you should take that.

Though I will say that we don't send a registered letter until after we've repeatedly failed to go in touch with you by other methods (ie email and phone).

Thanks,
Darren

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending