The Student Room Group

The Oxford TSA thread - 2016 applicants - 4th November 2015

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone waiting for PPE at Balliol?
Reply 981
Original post by Nuttsford
Is anyone waiting for PPE at Balliol?

Yeh me! So nervous now, what grades did you apply with?
Got an interview for St Peters PPE 6th--> 9th. Thought the TSA was not to par but apparently not :smile: !
Reply 983
Original post by InvisibleGenius
Got an interview for St Peters PPE 6th--> 9th. Thought the TSA was not to par but apparently not :smile: !

Congrats! How did you personally think your TSA went? Did you guess any questions?
Original post by wiba
Yeh me! So nervous now, what grades did you apply with?

GCSE's: 1A*, 8A's, 2B's (poor I know)
AS Levels: AAAA
Predicted: A*A*A
TSA: Actually went ok, was pleasantly surprised with it if I'm honest

Yourself?
Reply 985
GCSE's: 1A*, 8A's, 2B's (poor I know)
Predicted: A*A*A
TSA: Actually went ok, was pleasantly surprised with it if I'm honest

Yourself?

I wouldn't worry about GCSEs with those A Level grades and if the TSA went well!
GCSEs: 10 A*s, 1 A
A2: already have an A in maths, predicted A*A*A in the others
TSA: really not great, I was so pushed for time, I'm really not convinced I will have done well enough in it for an interview
Original post by wiba
I wouldn't worry about GCSEs with those A Level grades and if the TSA went well!
GCSEs: 10 A*s, 1 A
A2: already have an A in maths, predicted A*A*A in the others
TSA: really not great, I was so pushed for time, I'm really not convinced I will have done well enough in it for an interview

I always feel so embarrassed by my GCSE's even though they were the best in my year haha! Hope the interviews/rejections come around tomorrow, the wait is killing me!
Reply 987
I always feel so embarrassed by my GCSE's even though they were the best in my year haha! Hope the interviews/rejections come around tomorrow, the wait is killing me!

Oh no need to worry then, Oxford will be able to see how well you performed compared to your school and you'll look just as good with your results as others with better from high performing schools. But I know, every time my phone lights up I get nervous!
Original post by wiba
Oh no need to worry then, Oxford will be able to see how well you performed compared to your school and you'll look just as good with your results as others with better from high performing schools. But I know, every time my phone lights up I get nervous!

Literally kept refreshing my email during every lesson today!
Reply 989
Original post by InvisibleGenius

Same here!:smile:

I've got 2A*s 5As and 4Bs and I like you was one of the best in my year so I'm hoping that contextual information is my saving grace!
Come on magdalen now let's get those PPE out today :wink:
I'm going stir crazy >.>
Original post by James_mc
I'm going stir crazy >.>

lol me too :biggrin: Hopefully today is the day for the last PPE interviews!
Anyone heard back from brasenose for e&m?
Original post by 9dobbo1
I've got 2A*s 5As and 4Bs and I like you was one of the best in my year so I'm hoping that contextual information is my saving grace!

I bet! Which course/college did you apply for may I ask?
Reply 996
Original post by Oakflame
lol me too :biggrin: Hopefully today is the day for the last PPE interviews!

some colleges says on their website when they release interview invites.. keble has updated it everyday for other subjects and not yet for ppe.. so if they send them today then we can expect them in the post tomorrow/saturday!
I bet! Which course/college did you apply for may I ask?

PPE at Exeter College
Original post by 9dobbo1
PPE at Exeter College

Sweet, good luck! Hoping we find out today
Original post by hart32
some colleges says on their website when they release interview invites.. keble has updated it everyday for other subjects and not yet for ppe.. so if they send them today then we can expect them in the post tomorrow/saturday!

That's great! :smile: Unfortunately Worcester doesn't let us know which courses they are shortlisting atm :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending