The Student Room Group

When does insurance cost reduce?

After how many years of experience and no claims? It seems that even after a year of driving and being 21 still has pretty ridiculous costs... I know that after a year the cost should reduce, but what if I wanted to change my car or switch to a different insurance company?
The law considers a "new driver" aka high risk, anyone who passed their test less than 2 years ago.

Most peoples insurances reduce at 21.
The biggest reduction is seen at 25 when you are considered to be no longer a "young driver".

Factors like points, no claims bonuses and area also have some part in this :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by mcgreevy1993
The law considers a "new driver" aka high risk, anyone who passed their test less than 2 years ago.

Most peoples insurances reduce at 21.
The biggest reduction is seen at 25 when you are considered to be no longer a "young driver".

Factors like points, no claims bonuses and area also have some part in this :smile:

Thanks!
Insurance rates depend upon your driving experience, your location, your vehicle and the environment. Furthermore If you are 21 and have recently passed your driving test, you will be obliged with pretty high insurance rate but those whom have been driving since they turned 18 once they turn 21 and have a clean record on their traffic file, they will be granted much lower insurance fee than their 21 counterparts whom just got their license recently. Insurance rates will fall markedly for 25-40 years old. If you are considering buying a different car, contact your insurance provider for recommendations on any make, model, you name it :tongue:. Insurance providers know which cars have had been proven to be a quite safe, reliable and in that effect they will charge you less on that particular vehicle. Its really a good idea looking for different insurance companies. Ask them about their services first, what benefit will you get from them, for an example roadside assistance, 1st and 3rd party cost coverage, pick the one that suits you well and finally ask them for a good deal, tell them you are experienced driver for an example :smile: . I hope this information finds you well :u:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending