The Student Room Group

National 5 - Band 1 and Band 2 A's

So I'm wondering, Does it really matter if I get band 2 A's in my national 5's instead of band 1 A's? I don't know which type of band I got but apparently my teachers do. I don't really understand this. :confused: Will the universities I apply for see this? Will my teachers tell me which band? Why don't they just tell us on the result sheet, like in the old exams??? Cheers :smile:
Scottish universities don't care about bands.
English universities do(oxbridge, for example).
Your teacher will tell you your bands if you wish to know.
I have no clue why they just don't tell us on the result sheet.
*waits for pennyarcade to come get his knickers in a twist*
Out of interest is an A1 in nat 5 the same as a 1:1 at standard grade?
Original post by WithoutMuchHope
*waits for pennyarcade to come get his knickers in a twist*

Calm your tits love.

Getting band ones is scientifically proven to both increase both your dick size and your attractiveness to women.

Oxbridge, on the other hand, don't care so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by langlitz
Out of interest is an A1 in nat 5 the same as a 1:1 at standard grade?

Nat 5 A1 means you got over 85% on the entire subject course. 1:1, if I'm assuming correctly, means you got straight 1's in the subject course(1's in every part of the course) They are worth the same but mean different things.

Original post by Pennyarcade
Calm your tits love.

Getting band ones is scientifically proven to both increase both your dick size and your attractiveness to women.

Good to know! Universities definitely don't care then? I couldn't really tell if it was all sarcasm to be honest. :tongue:
Original post by Pennyarcade
Calm your tits love.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still hasn't put on his big girl panties.
For Scottish Universities, not at all.

PS. Band 1's are more of a personal achievement i believe rather than an academic one :P

An "A" is an "A" logic.
Original post by Awty
Nat 5 A1 means you got over 85% on the entire subject course. 1:1, if I'm assuming correctly, means you got straight 1's in the subject course(1's in every part of the course) They are worth the same but mean different things.

Good to know! Universities definitely don't care then? I couldn't really tell if it was all sarcasm to be honest. :tongue:

Cambridge cares a lot about band A1/A2 for your Highers, I'm not aware they do for Nat5s
Original post by Awty
So I'm wondering, Does it really matter if I get band 2 A's in my national 5's instead of band 1 A's? I don't know which type of band I got but apparently my teachers do. I don't really understand this. :confused: Will the universities I apply for see this? Will my teachers tell me which band? Why don't they just tell us on the result sheet, like in the old exams??? Cheers :smile:

They won't care whatsoever. Band 1s are usually around 85% (although English this year was 89%) and teachers should tell you what you got if you want to know. My maths teacher refuses to tell us though which is really annoying, all the other subjects are happy to share our scores.
Reply 10
Original post by Awty

As far as I'm aware universities only get A or B rather than the actual bandings.
Your bands at National 5 don't matter at all. Some English unis (Cambridge definitely and I'm assuming Oxford as well) will ask for your higher bands, but not your national 5 bands. And Scottish universities only look at letter grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending