The Student Room Group

EPQ

Hi, I'm doing an EPQ and would like to do it on human geography, perhaps urban change and development or something along those lines. I'm not sure what title to pick though, or what exact topic to choose! someone help?
Original post by hannah louise1
Hi, I'm doing an EPQ and would like to do it on human geography, perhaps urban change and development or something along those lines. I'm not sure what title to pick though, or what exact topic to choose! someone help?

Hi Hannah Louise,

Unfortunately, I can't give you many specific ideas since my EPQ was geology-based and I'm not that familiar with human geography, but here's a bit of general advice.

A good place to start when choosing an EPQ topic is to think about what areas of your chosen subject area, human geography in your case, you are interested in. It's important to be interested as you'll be spending a lot of time working on your EPQ!

Once you have a list of topic areas which you're interested in, try formulating a question related to each one. Your question should be a question for which you can discuss arguments for and against in your essay, and come to a conclusion at the end. If you're struggling to think of questions for your title yourself, try asking your geography teacher for some ideas based on your list of topics, then show them to your EPQ mentor to see which one they think is most suitable for an EPQ.

Also, if you get halfway through your essay and find you're running out of stuff to write about, you can always alter your title to allow more scope, so don't panic if you find that your title question is initially too narrow.

I hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Hi I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I am in a similar position I am trying to start my EPQ and I am interested in basing it on medical physics. I wish to study physics at uni and this is an area i have always found interesting, I have came up with an idea for a title and would just like some advice on weather you feel it is appropriate.

" can quantum mechanics really explain biological systems?"
i'm meant to have decided on my epq topic and researched it but i haven't even started.. i'm applying for uni to do french and italian and i want to my epq on something relevant to languages but also something anthropological.. does anyone have any ideas?xxx
Reply 4
patterns of deprivation in england/london would be quite interesting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending