The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
German is a great subject! I am currently studying it at A2 and not one day goes by where I do not learn something new. I picked German because I wanted a challenge and that is what I got. I would definitely advise you to take it :smile: .
Reply 21
hey what do you all think of French AND German?? Pointless?? I don't know what I want to do in life yet. Along with Maths and Chemistry this is. Otherwise biology (for medicine)
kinza75
hey what do you all think of French AND German?? Pointless?? I don't know what I want to do in life yet. Along with Maths and Chemistry this is. Otherwise biology (for medicine)

Despite my love of French :wink: I'd recommend that you take biology if you think you might want to go into medicine because although it's not essential, you'll be at a pretty big disadvantage without it.
Reply 23
Yea....it's tough. GCSE German was alright but AS level is harder. I have 2 vocab tests every week and there's soo many words and all the grammar, its a nightmare to keep up with
It depends how easy you find it at GCSE, what you learnt at GCSE and where your strengths lie. I got an A* at GCSE, and I found the first half of the AS, apart from the vocab, pretty much just revision of GCSE. At A2 I find some of the topics (eg politics, history, political history...) quite difficult to understand and discuss as I wouldn't be able to do so in English, let alone German! Also, I don't think I'll ever be able to do adjective endings, haha. I do enjoy it :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending