The Student Room Group

Can i decline my firm university choice on and after results day to enter clearing?

and if so do i call the university to be released from the offer?
Original post by Jimmyjamjames
and if so do i call the university to be released from the offer?

Yes and yes but bare in mind it wont be their priority to get you sorted so it could take hours or worse.
If you know for sure now you don't want to go to your firm choice give them a call and see what can be done now if anything, will be much less stressful for you to sort it now than on results day.

Can i ask have you decided that you want to go to your insurance or is it that you want to go through clearing?
Original post by claireestelle
Yes and yes but bare in mind it wont be their priority to get you sorted so it could take hours or worse.
If you know for sure now you don't want to go to your firm choice give them a call and see what can be done now if anything, will be much less stressful for you to sort it now than on results day.

Can i ask have you decided that you want to go to your insurance or is it that you want to go through clearing?

Having read previous conversations on the matter i was under the impersonation that i would have to reapply entirely. So would that mean i would go automatically into clearing or would i just be given my insurance choice?

Yes i would like to go to my insurance but according to the UCAS website if i decline on results day i would lose the insurance, therefore meaning to get my insurance i would have to use track.

Also i truly appreciate your support on the matter
Having read previous conversations on the matter i was under the impersonation that i would have to reapply entirely. So would that mean i would go automatically into clearing or would i just be given my insurance choice?

Yes i would like to go to my insurance but according to the UCAS website if i decline on results day i would lose the insurance, therefore meaning to get my insurance i would have to use track.

Your call is very important to us, please holllllllllld.

You need to speak to your firm and insurance admissions departments on the phone if you can.
First speak to your insurance about the matter and ask them if you reject your firm are they able to pick you up from clearing?, if they say yes then phone up your firm and tell them that you dont wish to go there anymore and want to be put in clearing and then your insurance if they previously agreed should be able to pick you up from clearing then. This might take a couple of days to go through the process so make sure your insurance is happy with any waiting.
Hope this helps:smile:
You need to speak to your firm and insurance admissions departments on the phone if you can.
First speak to your insurance about the matter and ask them if you reject your firm are they able to pick you up from clearing?, if they say yes then phone up your firm and tell them that you dont wish to go there anymore and want to be put in clearing and then your insurance if they previously agreed should be able to pick you up from clearing then. This might take a couple of days to go through the process so make sure your insurance is happy with any waiting.
Hope this helps:smile:

Thank you very much for the help, so my last question is should i do this ASAP or after results day?
Thank you very much for the help, so my last question is should i do this ASAP or after results day?

Definitely try to do it as soon as you can

ASAP bri
Definitely try to do it as soon as you can

Thank you very much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending