The Student Room Group

Which topics out of these are easiest and not that vast in your opinion?

So I'm doing History A-levels and I need to choose 3 out of these 5 topics to study for my exams. Which of these are easiest and also which ones from these are interconnected - so knowing one would help with the other?

The French Revolution
The Industrial Revolution
Liberalism and Nationalism of Italy and Germany
The Origins of the First World War
The Russian Revolutions
Reply 1
1st
2nd
4th
The last three would be the best connected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
The last three would be the best connected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it correct to say that all 5 are interconnected?

The Industrial revolution being an underlying economic trend which drove the French Revolution, Liberalism and Nationalism in Europe particularly Germany, then leading to German unification, WW1 and Russian Revolution.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hilrho
So I'm doing History A-levels and I need to choose 3 out of these 5 topics to study for my exams. Which of these are easiest and also which ones from these are interconnected - so knowing one would help with the other?

The French Revolution
The Industrial Revolution
Liberalism and Nationalism of Italy and Germany
The Origins of the First World War
The Russian Revolutions

The French Revolution would help with Liberalism and Nationalism of Italy and Germany, supposing they're concerned with the Unifications of Italy and Germany in 1871. I did French Rev at AS and it helped me with an EPQ on the Unification of Germany. Very interesting courses too, therefore they should be easier if you enjoy them! Always found The Industrial Revolution, as a topic a little bland by comparison.

The bottom two- Origins of the First World War and The Russian Revolution- would link well too.

I'd choose French Rev, Liberalism and Nationalism of Italy and Germany and Origins of the First World War. You have some connections between the first two and you have some currency/universal relevance in the third option.

Best of luck!

PS. I have loads of French Rev notes you are welcome to if you dm me your email address :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by william walker
Is it correct to say that all 5 are interconnected?

The Industrial revolution being an underlying economic trend which drove the French Revolution, Liberalism and Nationalism in Europe particularly Germany, then leading to German unification, WW1 and Russian Revolution.

I wouldn't say that the Industrial Revolution drove the French Revolution, considering France did not undergo successful industrialisation until after Napoleon I...

It did, however, play a huge part in German Unification.
Original post by Elisha Rebekah
I wouldn't say that the Industrial Revolution drove the French Revolution, considering France did not undergo successful industrialisation until after Napoleon I...

It did, however, play a huge part in German Unification.

I would say it did. Trends are very hard to spot until they are obvious. The economic growth in Britain and 13 colonies after the French defeat in the Seven Years war is what kick started the Industrial revolution. So the French were locked out of the best markets in India and North American by the British. They were forced to engage in a cold or Proxy war with Britain as they couldn't engage Britain directly. So when there was a Whig rebellion in the 13 colonies the French supported it as much as they could leading to increased debt and taxation. This then led to the people being taxed wanting more power so they had a revolution and got rid of the people who were already in power.
Reply 7
The French Revolution would help with Liberalism and Nationalism of Italy and Germany, supposing they're concerned with the Unifications of Italy and Germany in 1871. I did French Rev at AS and it helped me with an EPQ on the Unification of Germany. Very interesting courses too, therefore they should be easier if you enjoy them! Always found The Industrial Revolution, as a topic a little bland by comparison.

The bottom two- Origins of the First World War and The Russian Revolution- would link well too.

I'd choose French Rev, Liberalism and Nationalism of Italy and Germany and Origins of the First World War. You have some connections between the first two and you have some currency/universal relevance in the third option.

Best of luck!

I actually would like to choose french revolution and nationalism and liberalism too - however I do not know much about the first world war where as I have prior knowledge about the industrial revolution. Also as william walker had said I felt as though knowing about the industrial revolution could help talking about economics aspects of the time - so would industrial revolution be easier or origins of the first world war?

I have loads of French Rev notes you are welcome to if you dm me your email address :smile:

That would be great help! Thank you so much, I'll pm you my email now:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending