The Student Room Group

AS Level Results 2015 - University Offers ??????????

Hi all,

Just a quick question that I'm not sure on: Do university's look specifically at the grade that you got in subjects you use to apply for courses or do they base their place-giving on points/UMS/marks??

e.g. Today I got a C in biology for my AS Level, my mark overall was 208 and to get a B you needed 210

Would the university asking for a B grade (lets pretend its a full A-level instead of an AS-level) look at my grade and reject me due to having a C or would they consider the fact I was 2 points out??

As many replies as possible would be appreciated to get a good understanding :-)

Thanks a lot,

James
They will definitely still consider you, people can do much better in year 13 than year 12. Especially if you get your teacher to predict you a B.

One of my friends got CCEE in AS levels and has an offer for a BCC course.
Reply 2
Original post by JamesStanley
Hi all,

Just a quick question that I'm not sure on: Do university's look specifically at the grade that you got in subjects you use to apply for courses or do they base their place-giving on points/UMS/marks??

e.g. Today I got a C in biology for my AS Level, my mark overall was 208 and to get a B you needed 210

Would the university asking for a B grade (lets pretend its a full A-level instead of an AS-level) look at my grade and reject me due to having a C or would they consider the fact I was 2 points out??

As many replies as possible would be appreciated to get a good understanding :-)

Thanks a lot,

James
Unis don't see the UMS unless they are mentioned in your reference, although you can enter UMS instead of module grades when entering your qualifications (but it's not recommended).
Reply 3
I'd say it depends on the number of university spaces available for students, but normally they don't see UMS. Best of luck James
Original post by anonwinner
They will definitely still consider you, people can do much better in year 13 than year 12. Especially if you get your teacher to predict you a B.

One of my friends got CCEE in AS levels and has an offer for a BCC course.

That's great to hear, thank you.
Original post by Minerva
Unis don't see the UMS unless they are mentioned in your reference, although you can enter UMS instead of module grades when entering your qualifications (but it's not recommended).

OK thank you.
Original post by con95
I'd say it depends on the number of university spaces available for students, but normally they don't see UMS. Best of luck James

Thank you.
Original post by JamesStanley
That's great to hear, thank you.

No problem bro

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending