The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

changing campuses

i have been offered a place at the cornwall campus of exeter university and would like to change to the streatham campus once im in, is that possible?
Reply 1
Original post by jaineb
i have been offered a place at the cornwall campus of exeter university and would like to change to the streatham campus once im in, is that possible?

grade requirements for the streatham campus are generally higher than the penryn campus so you would probably have to meet that first but there is no harm in phoning up and asking
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by tgwktm
grade requirements for the streatham campus are generally higher than the penryn campus so you would probably have to meet that first but there is no harm in phoning up and asking

i notice from your profile that you are at the penryn campus . is it super quiet? im worried that it will be too quiet

thanks for your help
Reply 3
Original post by jaineb
i notice from your profile that you are at the penryn campus . is it super quiet? im worried that it will be too quiet

thanks for your help

it is quieter than most inner city uni's but there are still a lot of things to do. personally though i like that it is quieter
Original post by jaineb

Could potentially be very tricky.

1) The University will almost certainly not allow you to switch unless your A level grades meet the requirements for the course on the Streatham campus, and if you have only been offered a place at Penryn that would suggest that you haven't met those requirements.
2) Even if you meet them then the University will only allow you to switch if there is space on the course at Streatham, and if it's a popular subject that is unlikely to be the case.
3) You'll have to go through the chore of finding somebody to take over your accommodation contract at Penryn and find somewhere to live in Exeter which could be very difficult and would likely see you having to pay the rent in both places for a while why trying to find somebody to take over your Penryn contract.

Not impossible but not easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending