The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

University of Brighton best public transport

I've got an offer from Brighton and I'm doing some research into finance and I was wondering what the best form of transport is? But also where the best place to get a bus/train card is and what the average cost is?
Original post by Anonymous
I've got an offer from Brighton and I'm doing some research into finance and I was wondering what the best form of transport is? But also where the best place to get a bus/train card is and what the average cost is?

Hi :hello:

I work at the University and have lived in Brighton for 30 years. I would say the best way to travel around Brighton would be by bus. The City isn't that big and there are so many buses that run regularly that can get you around.

The university operates a term-time shuttle bus, the UB1, between the Brighton campuses and Varley Park Halls of residence, free to all students and staff. So this may be helpful to you if you are studying on one of our Brighton campuses.

Otherwise Brighton & Hove Buses operate in the city and offer student bus fares.

Personally I walk a lot too as there's always interesting things to see around Brighton on foot and it usually doesn't take to long to get places. The University encourages students to walk or cycle as it's a great way to keep fit, manage your wellbeing and is very low cost.

You might find this webpage helpful, which shares the different student travel options.

Full details of Brighton travel options and links to prices can be found here.

I hope this is helpful. I hope you enjoy your time at Brighton Uni! :biggrin:

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Brighton Enquiries
Hi :hello:

I work at the University and have lived in Brighton for 30 years. I would say the best way to travel around Brighton would be by bus. The City isn't that big and there are so many buses that run regularly that can get you around.

The university operates a term-time shuttle bus, the UB1, between the Brighton campuses and Varley Park Halls of residence, free to all students and staff. So this may be helpful to you if you are studying on one of our Brighton campuses.

Otherwise Brighton & Hove Buses operate in the city and offer student bus fares.

Personally I walk a lot too as there's always interesting things to see around Brighton on foot and it usually doesn't take to long to get places. The University encourages students to walk or cycle as it's a great way to keep fit, manage your wellbeing and is very low cost.

You might find this webpage helpful, which shares the different student travel options.

Full details of Brighton travel options and links to prices can be found here.

I hope this is helpful. I hope you enjoy your time at Brighton Uni! :biggrin:

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep

As at August 2023, the UB1 shuttle bus has since been discountinued I'm afraid. See https://blogs.brighton.ac.uk/studentnewsandevents/2023/08/08/changes-to-bus-services/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending