The Student Room Group

Transferring universities after one year? Please help!!

Hey guys, I retook a year of doing A levels (3 years) and I'm disappointed with my grades as I got CDD. I applied for a maths degree (Hertfordshire being my insurance) and the requirement was 280 ucas points with a C in Maths. I got a D in maths and I have 2 AS subjects graded E, so I have a total of 240 points.

I called the clearing hotline for Herts and they said that I needed 220 points and a C in maths. They said I couldn't go enroll and I had to go to another uni. I eventually called up Middlesex for clearing and they have given me a place and I've confirmed it, meaning that I I start my 1st year in October for mathematics at Middlesex university. I called the clearing hotline for Hertfordshire again and they said that if I get good marks in the 1st year at another uni (middlesex in this case) then I can transfer to Hertfordshire. And another thing, is Middlesex a bad university?

I'm studying a maths degree so it shouldn't be a problem since maths opens up so many pathways (actuary and investment banking), but will middlesex help me in that? And seriously, if I can transfer, do I have to do UCAS again? Will Herts accept CDD (need 280 points and a C in maths), or do they care about me just getting good marks in Middlesex for 1st year and then do 2nd year at Herts? Guys please help me as I'm very stressed about this

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest