The Student Room Group

Engineering with Bsc Physics and Ceng

Hi,

I'm in the final year of my Bsc Physics degree and I've been trying to figure out what to do next year. I have always been interested in engineering and want to go into systems engineering which is one of the few sectors of engineering I can go into with my degree. I have a few worries though about this.

I have heard the progression is slow and the pay isn't very amazing, I was wondering if this is just rumours or can you progress well after a few years in a firm.

Also with only a Bsc in Physics will I be able to gain a Ceng or what route would I have to take to gain a Ceng? I am also confused what a Ceng can give you, you can progress faster to project managerial roles or does it just give you another qualification to show?

I know this a lot to take in, I am pretty confused and unsure about this path so I just wanted to make sure I am taking the right route, thanks for any help :smile:
Original post by Nakamp
Hi,

I'm in the final year of my Bsc Physics degree and I've been trying to figure out what to do next year. I have always been interested in engineering and want to go into systems engineering which is one of the few sectors of engineering I can go into with my degree. I have a few worries though about this.

I have heard the progression is slow and the pay isn't very amazing, I was wondering if this is just rumours or can you progress well after a few years in a firm.

Also with only a Bsc in Physics will I be able to gain a Ceng or what route would I have to take to gain a Ceng? I am also confused what a Ceng can give you, you can progress faster to project managerial roles or does it just give you another qualification to show?

I know this a lot to take in, I am pretty confused and unsure about this path so I just wanted to make sure I am taking the right route, thanks for any help :smile:

Hmm without an engineering degree it will be very very difficult to become a chartered engineer. You may become a chartered physicist though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending