The Student Room Group
Reply 1
jambo!
my parents are both from tanzania, but i live in london!
my uncles live in tanzania (dar es salaam), but my dad is from zanzibar. my gran lives in a small town near arusha, near mount kilimanjaro.
Reply 2
My mum was born in tanzania but she is indian.

yeah, even i;m confused. but i live in brum
Reply 3
vv2006
My mum was born in tanzania but she is indian.

yeah, even i;m confused. but i live in brum

my mum and dad are from africa, and they are both indian!
Reply 4
You left out Uganda...How rude! Are we not good enough for you? :p:
Reply 5
BeesKnees
You left out Uganda...How rude! Are we not good enough for you? :p:

my mums from uganda!! wow im confused myself right:

dad from zanzibar- lives in london
mum from uganda- lives in london
gran from tanzania- lives in tanzania
dads family from tanzania- lives in tanzania

cool beesknees, is ur family from uganda?
Reply 6
DoubleOSeven
my mums from uganda!! wow im confused myself right:

dad from zanzibar- lives in london
mum from uganda- lives in london
gran from tanzania- lives in tanzania
dads family from tanzania- lives in tanzania

cool beesknees, is ur family from uganda?

Oooohh a fellow Ugandan...well not really, kind of (whatever, i'm still excited! haha :party: )

Yeah, my parents are both Ugandan and I was born there too but I live in Birmingham now! It's funny the other day I went into a bank and there was an Indian guy working there, I had to show him some documents and he saw that my place of birth was Uganda and he got all excited and started telling me about how he lived in Uganda and Kenya :p:.
Reply 7
BeesKnees
Oooohh a fellow Ugandan...well not really, kind of (whatever, i'm still excited! haha :party: )

Yeah, my parents are both Ugandan and I was born there too but I live in Birmingham now! It's funny the other day I went into a bank and there was an Indian guy working there, I had to show him some documents and he saw that my place of birth was Uganda and he got all excited and started telling me about how he lived in Uganda and Kenya :p:.

wooot! are you hindu?
Reply 8
hey im from tanzania!....lived in Dar before we moved here about 6 years ago.....
you guys been bak der since you'v come here? miss it??.....i certainly do!
beesknees ur so right, certain people tend to get all excited when they find out ur from a different country. i had a similar experience when my nurse found out....and she was going on about the time she was in Uganda and telling me about Idi amin.......and everythin.....

geoffrey.......hmmmm....i used to have someone in my class named geoffrey in dar.....

kwaheri!
Reply 9
:biggrin: aaaaaaye.. u cant leave out Zimbabwe come on u pple..lol
Reply 10
JASSS
hey im from tanzania!....lived in Dar before we moved here about 6 years ago.....
you guys been bak der since you'v come here? miss it??.....i certainly do!
beesknees ur so right, certain people tend to get all excited when they find out ur from a different country. i had a similar experience when my nurse found out....and she was going on about the time she was in Uganda and telling me about Idi amin.......and everythin.....

geoffrey.......hmmmm....i used to have someone in my class named geoffrey in dar.....

kwaheri!

jambo bwana!
i wasnt born in africa, my parents came here in the 70's. however i have been back to visit family in dar es salaam, its beautiful! do you know moshi? its near arusha, thats lovely too!
Reply 11
hey...
not tooo fluent in swahili......so wont try starting a conversation in swahili!
yeh i lived in moshi for bout 5/6 years.......overlooking mt. kilimanjaro!......it was amazing...so beautiful!!!
would love to go back!......!
Reply 12
:O
my gran lives in moshi! you probably know her!!!
Reply 13
ha ha!!!.......wellll u neva no! LOL!!
Reply 14
My parents are Nigerian if that counts :biggrin: lol worth a try
Reply 15
JASSS
ha ha!!!.......wellll u neva no! LOL!!

hehe! theres a hindu temple in moshi that had a celebraton last year.
DoubleOSeven
jambo bwana!
i wasnt born in africa, my parents came here in the 70's. however i have been back to visit family in dar es salaam, its beautiful! do you know moshi? its near arusha, thats lovely too!

I can only greet in swahili and count to 10 but don't really know anything else :laugh: but then again not much swahili is spoken in Uganda, plus I haven't been there in 7 years!

I'm not Hindu by the way lol. I'm black but I have an uncle who is married to an Indian woman :biggrin: , my best friend who is Indian keeps making stupid jokes about how she has probably been disowned by her family :rolleyes:
Reply 17
hey 007....
i rlly wudnt no....
i dont even rememba if der WAS a hindu temple der...(i was tooo young to remember man...left moshi wen I was like 6, and moved to Dar...!)
Were u there???!!
I went on a weeks shooting holiday a few years ago in Tanzania. It was topping.
My mum was born in Dar Es Salaam, Tanaznia. Urm, she taught me a few phrases - "manay taka kula" or something like that - apparently it means "i'm hungry" and "apana" which means "No" i think.

Cool thread!

Latest

Trending

Trending