The Student Room Group

What should I do next?

3 days ago we all received our A level results (I received my AS grades). Upon opening the dreaded envelope, I receive the following grades:
Biology - C
Business and Economics - C
History - C
Chemistry - D (I will be dropping chemistry moving onto next year)

Quite frankly, when I look at what I am capable I feel this is quite a disappointment. I asked my friend the other day (I would say he is no smarter then me) what he got. He achieved 3 A grades. When I relate to how he did this, I understand he put in a huge amount of work (a lot more than I did). Every-time I look at these grades, all that comes to mind is that I could of done a lot better. I was hoping for a minimum of B grades (except in chemistry).

For the Universities I want to go to and the course I wish to study (Business Management) I need to get ABB or a minimum of BBB depending on the university of choice. I feel the cushion of marks I have achieved may not be enough to get into this course unless I managed to get nearly 100% in A2 next year. I was wondering whether I should get into contact with my school to retake them all, and if not, at least retake Business and Economics and History. I feel it is possible to get an A.

Now to bring this thread to a point. If I do retake them all, I have promised myself that I will work extremely hard from day 1. I am wondering will it be too stressful having to do AS and A2 all in one year? Is it possible to come out with good grades at the end of a lot of work and dedication is put into it? Tell me what you guys think. At the end of the day, I most definitely do wish to retake history.

EDIT: I will not be resitting chemistry
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest